Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   "standard" stats for HU NL Cash Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=448675)

cwar 07-11-2007 07:14 PM

Re: \"standard\" stats for HU NL Cash Games

[ QUOTE ]
The easy way to combat this is to punish them with big hands and it works very well with very little variance.

[/ QUOTE ]
Completely 100% agree but I think the fact that you call lots of 3bets is keeping you from making a lot higher BB/100. I think a big part of playing HU cash is not just playing a winning style but playing a winning style with the lowest variance.
EDIT: I wrote that in a pretty confusing way, two separate thoughts. I think low variance style is important, call less 3bets, I also remember this from when we played although you admitted you were drunk so I wont read too much into it.

MasterLJ 07-11-2007 07:16 PM

I have been calling less 3bets, even IP.

When we played I had a crazy crazy style that involved a lot of floating and extremely high variance. I still wish I had called with my 53o on the T 9 5 board, where you bluffed AI with AJ =P.

cwar 07-11-2007 07:19 PM

The 53o was in a 3-bet pot wasnt it? I do remember you floating a lot (75o comes to mind). I also remember myself playing like crap, but it was fun [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

PartyScout 07-11-2007 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im 40/35 i think

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL i just checked im 52/42 over 10k hands(all i played at 50c/1)

I agree with that 35% is NITYNESS HU defo how do these players win because HU is all about observations IMO and i would sure notice all im winning is the blinds then all of a sudden they come alive with pounding 3bets [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

cwar 07-11-2007 07:23 PM

Oh I actually remember some more stuff about the 53o hand, I looked at it a lot the next couple days and I thought it was really interesting because I thought you should have called with the pair of 5's as often as you should have called with something like JT which struck me as particularly interesting, I basically merged my range to like overpairs,sets,T9 and bluffs which is obviously pretty bad given how often bluffs are a part of my range there.

cwar 07-11-2007 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im 40/35 i think

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that 35% is NITYNESS HU defo how do these players win because HU is all about observations IMO and i would sure notice all im winning is the blinds then all of a sudden they come alive with pounding 3bets [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Nitty isnt necessarily a bad thing HU, having a tighter image is generally going to be the most profitable image IMO.

MasterLJ 07-11-2007 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh I actually remember some more stuff about the 53o hand, I looked at it a lot the next couple days and I thought it was really interesting because I thought you should have called with the pair of 5's as often as you should have called with something like JT which struck me as particularly interesting, I basically merged my range to like overpairs,sets,T9 and bluffs which is obviously pretty bad given how often bluffs are a part of my range there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah lol, I tanked almost the entire time. I even told you that I was pretty sure my 5's were good.

I highly doubt I called a 3bet with 53o. Now 53s sounds like the old me =).

cwar 07-11-2007 07:32 PM

From memory it was you raised I 3bet you called, you called the cbet I CRAI on the turn no?

PartyScout 07-11-2007 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im 40/35 i think

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said nittyness was bad?No not me sir you can all play how you want.Everyone makes adjustents to suit their oppenants anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nitty isnt necessarily a bad thing HU, having a tighter image is generally going to be the most profitable image IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did i say it was bad?You can all play how you want doesnt really matter all good players make adjustments to suit oppenants anyways

MasterLJ 07-11-2007 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From memory it was you raised I 3bet you called, you called the cbet I CRAI on the turn no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Either your CRAI on the turn, or just pushed turn... memory is leaning towards the former. I'll post HH when I get home. Definitely a fun hand... and interesting, unless I did call a 3bet with 53o.