Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   2/4, I plan on folding a set and follow through (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=447850)

Evigt_Drabbad 07-10-2007 06:00 PM

Re: 2/4, I plan on folding a set and follow through

raise turn! as played call river, he has 2pair alot and puts u on AK [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Trivial 07-10-2007 06:02 PM

I can't fold this given your line. He is clearly beating a pair of kings but that is all we can reasonably conclude from his river shove. I would much rather raise the turn.

paulnic 07-10-2007 06:04 PM

i like just calling river bet here. if your folding to a reraise just a call. he wouldnt make this move with AK\KQ would he?

Irish Mafia 07-10-2007 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise turn! as played call river, he has 2pair alot and puts u on AK [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he put you on AK? You are calling a turn bet w/ A-high on a board that is squarely in villains range?

More appropriately, b/c you checked the flop and just called the turn, he CLEARLY does not put you on a set. Either way, against a 40-20 i'd be thrilled to call this guy's push w/ bottom set.

I still don't understand what you are expecting him to call with when you raise the river. If you think he's going to fold busted draws and raise made straights and higher sets (ONLY), then why raise to begin with?

b33nz 07-10-2007 06:08 PM

considering ur getting sick odds and ur hand is waaaaaay underrepresented (i dont think he could ever put u on two pair/set/any straight thats not the nuts) i think i would call. ur raise is representing one legit hand: T9. i dont even know if i would be surprised if hes bluffing here, lol.

Jay Riall 07-10-2007 06:18 PM

All - hardly anyone is 3betting this river without a straight, set and sometimes air. We have to figure out if the air % is enough to call now, since all the hands he is value-towning are beating us.

Jamougha 07-10-2007 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All - hardly anyone is 3betting this river without a straight, set and sometimes air. We have to figure out if the air % is enough to call now, since all the hands he is value-towning are beating us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah correct I think. Also I think he is almost never betting 25 into 40 with 2 ppl on the turn and 60 into 92 on the river as a bluff.

I think the turn is the debatable street.

Jay Riall 07-10-2007 09:01 PM

I don't see any debate on it atm. What were your reasons for not raising turn?

jkkkk 07-10-2007 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ya this is by far the most debatable street.

Jay Riall 07-10-2007 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ya this is by far the most debatable street.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really see too much of a case for not raising tbh.