Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   A Call Bluff : $5/$10 Ceasers Palace (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=446589)

Big_Jim 07-09-2007 08:30 AM

Re: A Call Bluff : $5/$10 Ceasers Palace

[ QUOTE ]
wtf this is an easy play, he checks you bet 2/3 pot on the turn, he smugly mucks KQ face up. this is so effing standard it's unreal, come on.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

catcher193 07-09-2007 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wtf this is an easy play, he checks you bet 2/3 pot on the turn, he smugly mucks KQ face up. this is so effing standard it's unreal, come on.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
anything else is a pretty glaring leak imo

jkkkk 07-09-2007 11:55 AM

the games are good

DJ Sensei 07-09-2007 06:53 PM

I think its cool so long as there are some stacks behind, both for your implied odds and for your FE.

Big_Jim 07-10-2007 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its cool so long as there are some stacks behind, both for your implied odds and for your FE.

[/ QUOTE ]
How deep do you think I need to be?

Irish Mafia 07-10-2007 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I didn't follow Big Jim's read of the guy raising the flop. But I don't understand how this is "so effing standard." And i'm not saying I don't like it either...but there's a lot at play here - including you concern of the continuation bettor, and what types of hands the flop-raiser raises with. I mean, if he's good, why would he be raising KQ on the flop?

Ship Ship McGipp 07-10-2007 03:54 AM

plz dont tell ppl bout this

ajloeffl 07-10-2007 04:13 AM

At first I thought this was insane but the more I thought about it the more I liked it assuming a few factors hold: 1) you haven't made a play like this all session, 2) NSB is not a good player and will raise with a mediocre hand like top pair (and not just a set here) yet can read hands well enough to know that your cold call is a really effing strong hand since this board has no draws, 3) NR is smart or tight enough to fold AA or AK here having invested so little and most likely being way behind after a raise and a cold call, 4) the plan is to fold if bet into on the turn after not hitting and betting 3/5 pot if NR folds and you are heads up after NSB checks to your obvious set

AJFenix 07-10-2007 04:22 AM

Why didn't you just jam flop? Theres no draw except our premium gutter and you obv arent jamming KQ so you win the pot unless someone has something, which you have no reason to believe after just a bet and a raise. Also ceasers has even more droolbags than caesers, good game selection [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

edit: nevermind, I'm bad, clearly you want them to put more money in on the turn so you can take that too. Forgive me, I'm rusty.

Get_better_Baris 07-10-2007 04:23 AM

What if he has 2k total to start and he calls and turn is 2.3.4.q.j of spade big jim. U still betting 100% of time when/if he chks.