Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Open relationships (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=445502)

mason55 07-08-2007 01:34 AM

Re: Open relationships

[ QUOTE ]
i think they don't tend to work because that's not how we're socialized. it's not even (usually) something where we can make a conscious decision, it's more rooted in the patterns of attachment and behavior modeling we encounter from a very young age.

ms thumb and i have discussed many times how humans are probably not exactly 'wired' for monogamy, but i still don't think i could let some other dude plow her.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's kind of like how you can't voluntarily piss your pants cause of social conditioning.

go ahead. try. bet you can't do it.

NT! 07-08-2007 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

it's kind of like how you can't voluntarily piss your pants cause of social conditioning.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://myhero.com/images/guest/g1582...3001_AS6C1.jpg

On_The_Grind 07-08-2007 02:04 AM

lol

Duke 07-08-2007 02:11 AM

In principle they're a great idea. In practice, well, there's this thing called jealousy. I think both people have to be getting an equal amount on the side, or whatever, so that there's none of that.

I think that is tough to engineer as well.

DannyOcean_ 07-08-2007 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think they don't tend to work because that's not how we're socialized. it's not even (usually) something where we can make a conscious decision, it's more rooted in the patterns of attachment and behavior modeling we encounter from a very young age.

ms thumb and i have discussed many times how humans are probably not exactly 'wired' for monogamy, but i still don't think i could let some other dude plow her.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd do it easily for some large cash amount. But no reason to otherwise.

DylsValentine 07-08-2007 11:55 AM

I really don't understand guys wanting open relationships. I know guys are expected to want to F every girl they see, but just because it's expected of you, why do you have to comply? Having an open relationship might have its pluses, but being with one person is so much better. When you do something stupid, you have someone by your side to help you through it. That alone seems to be worth it. I can understand being wary of long term relationships because so many people are morons and don't understand how to have a mature relationship with someone who's not hung up on her ex/not mentally stable/a high school drop out working at wal mart, but if you find a good girl without issues, and work on having a mature relationship, you're set for life. I seriously don't understand men sometimes.

bawcerelli 07-08-2007 12:58 PM

If you were my gf, i'd definitely want an open relationship just to get out of the house and away from your nagging.

imitation 07-08-2007 01:04 PM

Doesn't work at all, only thing you can do is cheat and not get caught if you like the girl, if you don't you cheat obviously enough to get caught.

LonesomeFugitive 07-08-2007 01:15 PM

open relationships work...as long as you are the one that is allowed to see other people but not your girlfriend [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

You really gotta have low standards to have an open relationship in terms of your gf allowed to see other guys. Unless you enjoy getting other guy's germs and "other things" when you kiss your gf.

MissT74 07-08-2007 05:04 PM

I'm female and I'm the one that suggested it, because it was either that or nothing at all. He actually readily agreed because he had been in one before and it worked out for him then so why wouldn't it now? He knows that I'm not the jealous type and he certainly isn't or we never would have lasted as long as we've had due to my flirtatious ways and the fact that I take part in a very male world with my playing poker.

We don't go into details, but let each other know if and when something happens/will happen, etc etc, as a courtesty and out of respect.

Will it end up costing us our relationship? That remains to be seen, but so far we're both happy and it's been working this way well for the past 6-8 months.

T