Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Restaurant refuses to sing happy bday to 6 yr old (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=445364)

wtfsvi 07-07-2007 04:43 PM

Re: Restaurant refuses to sing happy bday to 6 yr old

I would definitely not pay for the dessert if I was this guy.

emon87 07-07-2007 04:45 PM

I hate it when the entire restaurant I'm at does that crap. It's so annoying. And then other people at your table start singing and looking at you like you're an [censored] because you don't want to sing to some little kid you don't know. UGH

youtalkfunny 07-07-2007 04:46 PM

I hope this is the worst thing that ever happens to this family.

Signal777 07-07-2007 04:51 PM

We did sing to him, and some people joined in but he was still disappointed. It was kind of the whole bringing the dessert over, with the candle on it, with a group of people coming over to our table that he was looking forward to.

Yes, I know its not the worst thing that can happen to a family. I am aware there are kids that don't even have food or medical care. There are kids being abused, etc. I just think to put a damper on a childs bday is really, really lousy. This woman had an extremely crappy attitude to begin with, when the dad tried to talk to her, she had this "whats the problem" nasty tone.

'Chair 07-07-2007 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anything being done to keep children out of any place I'm in is ok by me.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft

http://www.usawx.com/thejou408.jpg

CharlieDontSurf 07-07-2007 04:57 PM

Something similar happened with with us like a year ago. It was more about the waiter being a dick and then the owner backing him up. We had like 10-12 people at the table and I made sure to have my brother's friend use his black AMX card. The next day he called and disputed the charge. So getting a free $500 meal w/ drinks made up for them being dicks.

El Diablo 07-07-2007 04:58 PM

Signal,

I have mixed feelings about this. Would need to know the specific restaurant to make a decision on whether this was douche or appropriate.

There are tons of places where singing happy birthday is something they do and happens every time you go there. Seems like they should have picked a place like that.

I still don't understand why they didn't just sing happy birthday at the table.

Edit: Answered. OK. What's the place? Maybe we can make a better judgement based on that.

wtfsvi 07-07-2007 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: Answered. OK. What's the place? Maybe we can make a better judgement based on that.

[/ QUOTE ] I don't think anyone is saying the no happy birthday policy is douchy. But they were promised singing when they ordered dessert. That should have rank over the policy.

ncboiler 07-07-2007 05:10 PM

I think the singing of happy b-day in restaurants is the most lame ass thing ever. Well one of the most lame ass anyway. Go to a chain restaurant if you want this kind of crap. Some people want to go out for a nice meal every now and then and not have it be loud, waitresses singing and waitresses coming to your table every 5 minutes to throw liquid in your drink and ask if everything is fine. Maybe this Mexican restaurant is trying to provide that. It would be unusual for a Mexican restaurant but must maybe.

guids 07-07-2007 05:10 PM

lol @ anyone saying that this is disgusting, or they are complete douche bags...c'mon, what a joke, if the owner is trying to shift the image of the restaurant, than take your kid to applebees next time if this is going to be such a big deal. the customer is not always right, especially in the restaurant industry.