Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   NL100 - slowplay AKs (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=444202)

MakeMuuney 07-06-2007 08:29 AM

Re: NL100 - slowplay AKs

[ QUOTE ]

Assuming you aren't getting respect for your raises, is more the reason to raise. You want to get called light in these spots. Live I think you need to mix up play, but in the revolving door of online poker is there really a point. Raise your monsters, no real need to get tricky, unless you are playing the same guy over several tables and he seems competent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get what you are saying. UTG knows that I am playing back at him aggresiive for the past few Hands, 3-betting etc. Would you just call as I did if there was no caller before, occasionaly?

Unknown Soldier 07-06-2007 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
all fine imo. u CANNOT always raise/rerasise with AKs u have to mix it up and occassionaly just call with it. im talking only about 1 out of 10 or perhaps even more but if u always raise with it thats not good poker. u should'nt ever do the same thing the same way every single time because that could add a small amount of predictability to your game. (IMO!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

unecessary at this level

smellmuth 07-06-2007 08:31 AM

this is a 100% 3 bet

tomek322 07-06-2007 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Get what you are saying. UTG knows that I am playing back at him aggresiive for the past few Hands, 3-betting etc. Would you just call as I did if there was no caller before, occasionaly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never ever, I would call with a tricky hand, hoping to stack him, by making frustrating raises on flop and turn. With a top 5 hand versus a frustrated opponent i would 3-bet. And even 3-bet slightly more, make it look like another "steal."

ValarMorghulis 07-06-2007 08:57 AM

I think it's fine to call with AK especially against a tight UTG raiser.

mvdgaag 07-06-2007 10:02 AM

Flop is standard.

Preflop a reraise would be standard, but a call is not too bad, even with one or two callers in between. Because your opponents are likely to call with a worse ace or king and think it might be good...
Yes it is more likely someone flops a better hand when you hit your ace or King, but it is also a lot more likely that someone will pay you when you give them a chance to bet a pair of aces or kings with worse kicker.

GL

Acein8ter 07-06-2007 10:47 AM

There's 10.5 in the pot on the flop... Then you pop to 117 after a PSB and a re-raise when your on a FD? You hit your F on the turn, but I don't think it's a +EV play everytime your in this situation.

tubasteve 07-06-2007 10:54 AM

theres a reason everyone says AK is the nuts. by having AK you cut the combos of AA and KK in half, and you are only a coinflip at worst against any other hand.

i never flatcall AK. ever. i will fold it sometimes preflop but seriously its the NUTS unless you have two nits raise and then 3-bet from UTG and UTG+1

MakeMuuney 07-06-2007 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's 10.5 in the pot on the flop... Then you pop to 117 after a PSB and a re-raise when your on a FD? You hit your F on the turn, but I don't think it's a +EV play everytime your in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's actually the reason why i posted this Hand! Didn't seem to catch any attention. Whats your plan on Flop if you think it is not +EV? Calling is worst because we don't know where we stand and we have no FE.