Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   200NL 6-Max dumb squeeze? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=442891)

BombayBadboy 07-04-2007 03:06 PM

Re: 200NL 6-Max dumb squeeze?

[ QUOTE ]
Should I call or just muck it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just muck.

Spy Dog 07-04-2007 03:06 PM

AJo is a horrible hand to squeeze.

awarunn 07-04-2007 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering you're going to fold it if you don't squeeze...I think it's actually a very good hand to squeeze with. Probably one of the best hands in your folding range.

But...the squeeze is really dependent on the opponents [edit] not your hand.

BombayBadboy 07-04-2007 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering you're going to fold it if you don't squeeze...I think it's actually a very good hand to squeeze with. Probably one of the best hands in your folding range.

But...the squeeze is really dependent on the opponents [edit] not your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its very clear we are not going to call a 4-bet with AJ. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Problems arise mostly after the flop when we get called, flop an A, or a J and get action. RIO.

awarunn 07-04-2007 03:37 PM

Sure it will be difficult when you flop an A or J but fundamentally, AJ is a better hand to squeeze with than something like J9 simply because it's a better hand. You don't have to stack off if you hit an A and villain seems to be fine with it.

BombayBadboy 07-04-2007 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure it will be difficult when you flop an A or J but fundamentally, AJ is a better hand to squeeze with than something like J9 simply because it's a better hand. You don't have to stack off if you hit an A and villain seems to be fine with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying you stack off, but you will certainly lose a few bets along the way. This is just typically a hand where you can lose more then you can gain after the flop if he calls the raise PF. He won't be giving much action when an A flops unless he beats you..with a J, you only dominate KJ/QJ..hands he won't/ shouldn't be calling here PF.

Isura 07-04-2007 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't really like it. Play after the flop is not going to be easy if he calls. I like it more with a SC, or a small pp.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand will be much easier to play than those

BombayBadboy 07-04-2007 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't really like it. Play after the flop is not going to be easy if he calls. I like it more with a SC, or a small pp.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why. With those type of hands we can easy bet/ fold lots of flops and give up when called.

Tell me why they are harder to play then..:)

martijn 07-04-2007 03:49 PM

just curious, do you guys prefer to 3bet squeeze AJ or 22 in this spot?

Isura 07-05-2007 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why. With those type of hands we can easy bet/ fold lots of flops and give up when called.

Tell me why they are harder to play then..:)

[/ QUOTE ]

reraised pots you want hands with strong 1 pair value, because you flop that type of hand more often. This is a value raise with the AJ, so I am felting top pair pretty much always. If you can't profitably felt or induce bluffs, then 3-betting here isn't very good.