Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   am i just playing terribly lately? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=441637)

cts 07-03-2007 01:00 AM

Re: am i just playing terribly lately?

ae: also turning a 6 into a bluff seems a bit absurd

Ship Ship McGipp 07-03-2007 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ae: what is the worst hand you think he value shoves for over pot tho?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's like 1.25 times the pot; it's probabyl the standard as a bluff or for value on the end here, I can't imagine why it wouldn't be... worst hand? I dont' know, 8 of herats. But really I can't see why he can't be shoving smaller hearts as either a two-way bet where he thinks you'll fold say Ax7h sometime, and call with AQ no heart sometime..

and yea, turing a 6 into a bluff seems weird here, but i've done stranger and i can't imagine that this guy isn't capable of it, even if it is such a miniscule % of the time

MDMA 07-03-2007 01:12 AM

Turning a 6 into a bluff here sucks, and no I don't agree at all that he's pushing anything worse than Qh here for value, and in that case, I would think its "okay" as long as it isn't QJhh, still not great, but, "okay".

Ansky 07-03-2007 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Turning a 6 into a bluff here sucks, and no I don't agree at all that he's pushing anything worse than Qh here for value, and in that case, I would think its "okay" as long as it isn't QJhh, still not great, but, "okay".

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.

Ship Ship McGipp 07-03-2007 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If there is even a remote possibility of him getting looked up light here, how is the Jh and the 9h not value bets?

TheWorstPlayer 07-03-2007 01:16 AM

bec he's more likely to get looked up and lose, duh

TxRedMan 07-03-2007 01:28 AM

this looks like fives full hoping you have a big ace with a heart.

mperich 07-03-2007 01:33 AM

I dont like the call and I like value betting the Jh from villain. Not that cts is gonna call that often, but I think u are ahead sooo often here, ur basically freerolling on him making a hero call (which obv cts does)

-Mike

xxThe_Lebowskixx 07-03-2007 01:38 AM

cts,

if he floats the flop with any two cards he can have a gigantic range. as for the river, most players are betting the Jh. im not saying that you calls are nessecarily bad, but in HU battles I think we both know that people show up with all types of hands in all types of situations.

iRock 07-03-2007 01:43 AM

Hm. This seems like a really thin call. I don't think he ever shoves worse for value, so we have to see what hands he is going to call the flop with and bluff later. he could have some weird straight draw i guess, or a worse Ace that he now is turning into a bluff. I don't know, on this one it seems we are trying to scrape together hands that we could talk ourselves into a call. I think a call here is really really thin without a long history with the villain.