Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   SF trip report (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=441214)

cbloom 07-02-2007 10:39 PM

Re: SF trip report

[ QUOTE ]

the next day we walked over to tartine for breakfast, both of us got egg and cheese on a baguette.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW you missed out, their pastries and other stuff is so great. Hope you didn't run into the 30 minute line. The main thing I'm interested in is :

in my relationships, ordering two of the same thing is completely forbidden, we always order different things and share. The only exception would be if we really just both want the same thing and nothing else on the menu appeals. I'm curious how common this rule is, or if most people think I'm nuts.

gumpzilla 07-02-2007 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

in my relationships, ordering two of the same thing is completely forbidden, we always order different things and share. The only exception would be if we really just both want the same thing and nothing else on the menu appeals. I'm curious how common this rule is, or if most people think I'm nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds pretty far from completely forbidden, but yeah, I'll frequently try to do this as well.

traz 07-03-2007 12:13 AM

Nice TR. It really makes me miss SF. I love that place

traz 07-03-2007 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious how common this rule is, or if most people think I'm nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty standard for me. I'll avoid ordering what she's ordering

turnipmonster 07-03-2007 12:28 AM

we do this at dinner but not so much breakfast and lunch.

bluef0x 07-03-2007 08:44 AM

When we tried a fancy restaurant for v-day, the only thing we recognized was filet mignon. It was also, easily, the worst dinner we've ever had. Now, we refuse to go to $75+/person restaurants.

As for SF, I've been thinking about making a short 1 or 2 night stay. I really don't want to stay in a room that looks older than my great grandma. How is the Hotel Diva? The price looks very reasonable.

XXXNoahXXX 07-03-2007 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When we tried a fancy restaurant for v-day, the only thing we recognized was filet mignon. It was also, easily, the worst dinner we've ever had. Now, we refuse to go to $75+/person restaurants.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. sample size?

KurtSF 07-03-2007 12:02 PM

Diva is in a great location. Its a little odd, as its a little, um, shall we say "quaint" inside, but its also going for super-hip and various celebs stay there from time to time. So I don't know exactly what to say about it. The best part is the flag they fly out front... it reads, in big capital letters, "SEXY".

Paluka 07-03-2007 04:14 PM

This report definitely makes me want to do the same thing (and since my wife is also vegetarian maybe I'll try this Millenium place). I'd say my wife and I enjoy nothing more than walking around and eating. Any suggestions on what to do or what to avoid when you have a 2 yr old with you?

samjjones 07-03-2007 04:28 PM

My wife and I stayed at the Pan Pacific about a year ago. Decent sized room, nice bathroom, really clean. Think it was like $150 a night. Good location.