Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   What you are Doing Wrong as an SSNLer (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=439495)

McRoNiX 06-30-2007 10:24 AM

Re: What you are Doing Wrong as an SSNLer

So do you think as soon as you aquire a bankroll suitable for bigger stakes you should try moving up? Eg/ Say I get a 5-6k roll together playing 100NL. Should I then definitely start thinking about moving up to 200nl even if I'm not a huge winner and am learning lots still??
Nice Post btw.

ArgusSpets 06-30-2007 10:27 AM

awesome post. thanks.

Will221 06-30-2007 11:00 AM

thanks a lot for this, motivates me to move up even more and makes me realize ive been a pussy for too long

Timelord 06-30-2007 11:11 AM

Lots of very useful points there, thanks. However you talk as if this advice can apply to everyone which I don't think is the case. For example some people can put in long sessions on many tables while maintaining a high level of play, whereas other people are most profitable playing a few tables in short sessions. It is very dependent on the individual.

Also with regards to moving up levels I see nothing wrong with staying at a limit you can beat and make good money at. Although long term moving up levels may be more profitable the thought of having to deal with -10k days may not be appealing to a lot of people. And if you can make 10k a month on 200nl and are happy with that why move up? Greed?

lucky_mf 06-30-2007 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also with regards to moving up levels I see nothing wrong with staying at a limit you can beat and make good money at. Although long term moving up levels may be more profitable the thought of having to deal with -10k days may not be appealing to a lot of people. And if you can make 10k a month on 200nl and are happy with that why move up? Greed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to see this the same way. I don't anymore. If you can make 10k per month playing 200NL you might be able to make 40K per month playing 1kNL. Maybe you can't, but the prospect of all that extra income makes it worth taking some shots to find out. Also the only way to deal with big swings is to go though a few and see that life and poker goes on. Lose and win 5k a couple times and 1kNL buy-in won't seem like very much $.

Lucky

dirtytricks 06-30-2007 11:34 AM

Very nice post! Thanx

metamath 06-30-2007 11:39 AM

inspiring, thank you

straate 06-30-2007 11:48 AM

really really good

im starting to get motivated again now

Claunchy 06-30-2007 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So do you think as soon as you aquire a bankroll suitable for bigger stakes you should try moving up? Eg/ Say I get a 5-6k roll together playing 100NL. Should I then definitely start thinking about moving up to 200nl even if I'm not a huge winner and am learning lots still??
Nice Post btw.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not Greg, but I'll respond.

If you're barely beating 100NL and don't think you're ready to move up yet, don't, even if your BR can handle it. I'd withdraw a couple thousand, maybe buy something cool to remind yourself why you're playing.

Ben86 06-30-2007 11:58 AM

such a great read. added as a favorite topic thanks greg.