Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Live 10-25 at the Rio- I dont like folding (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=438908)

dlpnyc21 06-29-2007 02:00 PM

Re: Live 10-25 at the Rio- I dont like folding

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you raise the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I raised the turn because I thought this turn bet means a big hand approximately never. I am pretty much raising the turn for value as I think some draws call but maybe A9, K9 and 1010 fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you possibly call his 3bet if you are certain he is putting you on QQ+ and SHOVING ANYWAY?

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have been more explicit. If I think he thinks he can get me to fold QQ+, I can call this. Given my image, this is a possibility.

What range do people put the BB guy on given his line?

[/ QUOTE ]

So wait, you are raising the turn as a value-bluff, correct?

If this is the case, he shoves on you anyways, unless the guy has a big history of instacalling as a move with huge hands, I can't really see him having a 7 here. That said, he has to have at least some part of the board. Maybe 109, something like that.

However, I think his true range is 56, 58, 68, 109, 98, 9x, 810, and some 7s thrown in there. He almost never will have an overpair.

I really dislike your turn raise as a value-bluff, but if I raise this turn I'm calling a push.

dlpnyc21

TheWorstPlayer 06-29-2007 02:01 PM

call. he obviously has a draw. why would he c/c flop then bet/push turn with a big hand?

thatpfunk 06-29-2007 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call. he obviously has a draw. why would he c/c flop then bet/push turn with a big hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

<3 twp

cero_z 06-29-2007 02:35 PM

Why would you even consider calling here? This is never good against a Vegas nit. Actually, I know why you'd consider it; these people sort of look like they know what they're doing, so it seems like they're capable of loosening up or running a bluff. In reality, they are ultra-conservative and ultra-weak.

It's easy to tell yourself, "I've raised 20 pots in a row, so they're probably gonna loosen up against me"--NOPE. or, "He's kinda bored, and knows I can lay down a big hand, so maybe he'll run a bluff here"--NEVER. Unless he's a total anomaly in that scene, he's got 7s full here or something similar.

dlpnyc21 06-29-2007 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you even consider calling here? This is never good against a Vegas nit. Actually, I know why you'd consider it; these people sort of look like they know what they're doing, so it seems like they're capable of loosening up or running a bluff. In reality, they are ultra-conservative and ultra-weak.

It's easy to tell yourself, "I've raised 20 pots in a row, so they're probably gonna loosen up against me"--NOPE. or, "He's kinda bored, and knows I can lay down a big hand, so maybe he'll run a bluff here"--NEVER. Unless he's a total anomaly in that scene, he's got 7s full here or something similar.

[/ QUOTE ]

u didn't comment on how bad his turn value-bluff is...

Oki-Oki 06-29-2007 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Super spot on IMO.

Everytime i talk myself into believing that most ppl are capable of bluffing in spots like this im always dissapointed and lighter on cash.

T_Mac 06-29-2007 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It's easy to tell yourself, "I've raised 20 pots in a row, so they're probably gonna loosen up against me"--NOPE. or, "He's kinda bored, and knows I can lay down a big hand, so maybe he'll run a bluff here"--NEVER.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT...bastards

Bill King 06-30-2007 12:21 AM

omg plz fold

Jason Strasser (strassa2) 06-30-2007 05:55 AM

i will not take anyone seriously who uses the term value bluff

illuminati 06-30-2007 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
value bluff