Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Mods Trolling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=436080)

*TT* 06-25-2007 11:52 PM

Re: Mods Trolling

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and if any subforum is looking for a mod, I been on 2+2 longer than anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was talking with Mat about what makes a good mod the other day, to paraphrase he looks for people who really care about the needs of their forum, the needs of the overall 2+2 community, and the needs of 2+2 publishing itself. often the mods chosen are semi-controversial figures, they are chosen for their devotion and ability to stimulate conversation/debate in addition to their blind love of the topic.

In exchange we are allowed to remain "ourselves" - we are each just posters on 2+2 who have a few additional abilities, but we are encouraged to express ourselves just as we did before we were mods; its part of the magic that is 2+2.

Emperor 06-26-2007 12:03 AM

TT, I have needled you in the past over some things, (like you "bragging" about tipping the floor, it is just a joke! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) and after I typed my response in the other thread I realized that the combination of the two might not go over to well, and that what I was really upset with was a bunch of mods all of a sudden being overly mean just to incite a 35 page post. :P

Which is fine for generating revenue for 2+2, but not very good for the community.

[Phill] 06-26-2007 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The solution to NYs poker problem is to not play in illegal card rooms. Or if you do, dont bitch and moan when the places get raided.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, I love you. I wish I would have said it that simply ages ago - PLEASE feel free to join in next time. The real problem with NYC's card rooms is ignorance, a little bit of smarts would go a long way to help protect the players.

[ QUOTE ]
I considered saying as much, but i figure id get a banning over it cos TT struggles to see the wood for the trees at times. Seems a sound bloke though, fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I laugh about how people are afraid of getting banned on 2+2, its really silly if you view it from almost any mods POV. I can literally count on my hand the number of people who I have banned that had more than 50 posts, and i have only once ever banned someone for being overtly argumentative (and that was only because he was so stubborn , I needed to shake some sense into him. It was lifted in 24 hours). From what Ive seen of the other mods they all generally do the same as me - even NT, bannings really are kind of rare, you have really got to step over the line to get banned over an online debate. Trolling might earn you a slap on the wrist at most if your a good contributor, and even then its often ignored or the wost that can happen is a mod will talk to you about it via PM - only the biggest offenders get banned (people with few posts are more likely to get the harsh sentence since they have less to lose). Debate is always welcomed here, the more rigorous the better if there is some intelligence involved as long as the topic is not offensive, slanderous or illegal its usually all good.

I dont check ATF often, glad I was told about this thread!

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasnt 100% serious about being worried about being banned (as it happened i got my first 1 day ban the other day, felt good to have a day away from these forums).

But i dunno, way the threads went down it simply felt like id be trolling people without much purpose - its kind of stating the obvious, but its the obviousness that people dont want to see. Plus im not 100% clued up on the NY poker legalities all in all.

*TT* 06-26-2007 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasnt 100% serious about being worried about being banned (as it happened i got my first 1 day ban the other day, felt good to have a day away from these forums).

But i dunno, way the threads went down it simply felt like id be trolling people without much purpose - its kind of stating the obvious, but its the obviousness that people dont want to see. Plus im not 100% clued up on the NY poker legalities all in all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you weren't serious, but it brought up a good point that needed to be discussed (the OP mentioned banning as well, its hard to tell if someone is joking in the interwebs sometimes).

In all honesty your more clued in than many of the people who play in the NYC games because you use logic to see the obvious, you don't really have to be in those games to understand whats going on, just reading the little bits and pieces of info that we can let leak through is usually enough. From what little I've seen of you so far on this topic, you totally get it. Of course there is a fine line between trolling and stating the obvious, knowing you I think you would jump back and forth that line like a ballet dancer [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

*TT* 06-26-2007 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TT, I have needled you in the past over some things, (like you "bragging" about tipping the floor, it is just a joke! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )

[/ QUOTE ]

No sweat Emperor, it didnt even register on my radar.

[ QUOTE ]
Which is fine for generating revenue for 2+2, but not very good for the community.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you might get some disagreement there, poker is a game that attracts intellectuals, people who like to engage in debate. Its been a foundation of 2+2 since the very beginning, just look at the archives - you will see that there are countless threads where you will perceive the powers that be to be "overtly mean" - but in reality the beauty is in the eye of the beholder IMHO. When I am being "mean" in B&M I almost always have a smile on my face, and its nearly always to help someone who has lost their way. Some might consider that mean, I consider it tough love [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I wouldn't say a word if i didn't care, I'm passionate like that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[Phill] 06-26-2007 12:37 AM

Btw, if the 'solution' to NYs ills is that thread which mentions some kind of popular revolt or something, which is near the top of the B&M forum right now, then that dude needed a bit of a reality check and TT didnt cross any lines there imo.

KotOD 06-26-2007 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah? well if i were mod of ATF, i'd tell you to pull your head out of your ass and grow a pair, you namby pamby little touchy feely grabastic [censored] suckbag vaginal excretion

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to stop campaigning for ATF mod and get back to OOT and get to lockin! It's getting out of control in there!

NT! 06-26-2007 02:22 AM

there is a notify mod button for a reason, if you don't like a post, you can click on it

_JoeJimJoe 06-26-2007 03:47 AM

NT! is one of the biggest trolls on 2+2 and abuses his power.

T-God 06-26-2007 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NT! is one of the biggest trolls on 2+2 and abuses his power.

[/ QUOTE ]
NT posts good but mods bad.

That's not a troll. Let's invent a new term.

How's about... Jerk? Gremlin? Dwight?

I don't get how this internet naming thing works...