Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   LC: Coaching Directory (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=433725)

johnnyknish 06-23-2007 12:05 AM

Re: LC: Coaching Directory

haha yea he is i have never noticed that before

Slim Pickens 06-23-2007 01:14 AM

The STT coaching paradox:

Anyone who's capable of being worth x$/hr as a coach can make 2x$/hr playing SNGs or 3x$/hr playing cash.

TruFloridaGator 06-23-2007 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone who's capable of being worth x$/hr as a coach can make 2x$/hr playing SNGs or 3x$/hr playing cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, STTFers do it because we are so kind at heart. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

SuitedSixes 06-23-2007 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, STTFers do it because we are so kind at heart. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience is that most people who are actively looking for students are running bad/busto.

TruFloridaGator 06-23-2007 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience is that most people who are actively looking for students are running bad/busto.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know the hell is actively looking for students these days but you're probably right. I only do it if someone asks me because they really need it.

Slim Pickens 06-23-2007 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only ever taken students as a hobby. It's fun, but not really financially rewarding.

The Yugoslavian 06-23-2007 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only ever taken students as a hobby. It's fun, but not really financially rewarding.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Yugoslav

Eagles 06-23-2007 01:49 AM

I'm leaving for the summer but fwiw I would gladly coach in cash/mtts when I get back. If your looking for sngs sngicons/cardrunners/pokerxfactor are probably your best bet. FWIW I think sngicons is the best but I am definetely biased.

Pudge714 06-23-2007 01:51 AM

It's somewhat financially rewarding but you don't think of it like that. If you get paid your hourly you think of it as breaking even since you rarely win your hourly. Also I charge what I think is a pretty accurate representation of my hourly FWIW.

SuitedSixes 06-23-2007 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's somewhat financially rewarding but you don't think of it like that. If you get paid your hourly you think of it as breaking even since you rarely win your hourly. Also I charge what I think is a pretty accurate representation of my hourly FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never charged enough. I think I was the cheapest coach ever, and usually by the 2nd session you're such good friends with the guy that you feel bad charging anything. That was the tough part for me, you care about the guy's results so when he's running bad you feel bad for him, which doubles your usual chance of stressing over someone running badly.