Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   No fancy name (KK with an Ace on board) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=432375)

Zeldark 06-21-2007 03:29 PM

Re: No fancy name (KK with an Ace on board)

[ QUOTE ]
I don't believe that any hand that calls the river you are beating.

[/ QUOTE ]
You give the unknowns too much credit here. They don't think like you do.

sharpie 06-21-2007 03:47 PM

Bet the turn. If I'd checked the turn I would bet the river.

terencetsao 06-21-2007 04:29 PM

bet the turn, if not
bet the river and fold to a re raise on any streets

KingOtter 06-21-2007 05:22 PM

Maybe this is different... qq vs K on board and it IS 6-max

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. Hero wins 9.20 BB. </font>

NIX 06-21-2007 05:29 PM

I don't see any spew here. I'd prefer to just bet the turn and then decide what to do on the river. As played, I call the river. The three Villains had a chance to bet Ax or 9x on the turn and they didn't. Aside from QT, I think you're good on the river a decent amount of the time.

Montrealcorp 06-21-2007 07:21 PM

i would call just because they check the turn and some the river.
maybe both of them were afraid u had the A as well and didn t bet too

side notes its 8-1 to u.
because u re OOP and have good odds u should pay them,cant play perfect when OOP

Ivar 06-21-2007 07:30 PM

On the OP's hand; I would b/f too, but what to do on the river if everybody calls the turnbet? Are you done with the hand then, 'cause somebody got to have an ace??' or b/f again?

Montrealcorp 06-21-2007 07:32 PM

b/f turn or c/f river if they all call turn

Yerma 06-21-2007 08:58 PM

I think that when CO calls the river, he has at least a Jack. MP1's bet means he *may* have you beat. CO's call means that he has you beat here sometimes. Also, a 9 will almost never get slowplayed on the turn after you check because everyone will say "I can't expect anyone else to bet, so I will bet myself".

So if MP alone has you beat 1/4 of the time and CO alone has you beat 1/2 of the time and they each have you beat maybe 1/8th of the time, then you are beat approximately:
6/24 + 12/24 + 3/24 = 21/24th of the time. I think I may be overestimating how often CO alone has you beat, but not by much. So you are winning 3/24th or 1/8th of the time. Getting 8:1 pot odds, you have to be winning 1/9th of the time to make the call. So, you should call but there's not a lot of value here.

marchron 06-22-2007 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So if MP alone has you beat 1/4 of the time and CO alone has you beat 1/2 of the time and they each have you beat maybe 1/8th of the time, then you are beat approximately:
6/24 + 12/24 + 3/24 = 21/24th of the time. I think I may be overestimating how often CO alone has you beat, but not by much. So you are winning 3/24th or 1/8th of the time. Getting 8:1 pot odds, you have to be winning 1/9th of the time to make the call. So, you should call but there's not a lot of value here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whether or not both Villains have us beat is irrelevant unless there's a consolation prize for second place.

I never took a statistics class or anything, but if Villain 1 has us beat 1/2 of the time and Villain 2 has us beat 1/4 of the time, then absent any other information we can go with 1/2 as the chances we're beat.