Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   $300 AA I suck deepstacked (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=432106)

kenny7 06-21-2007 12:01 AM

Re: $300 AA I suck deepstacked

[ QUOTE ]
People who say things like "I suck deep stacked" when they're talking 100 BB make me sad. Anyway, you need to find a way to be arrrr innnn here.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL,unfortunately,in a tournament,doesn't 100bb = woohoo,yippi,I'm dancin' on the ceiling etcetc. Or maybe it's just the ones I'm playing that are ai shovefests.....

Anyhoo....can't imagine that we'll see many hands that have us beat here. Overpair most likely,and he's probably not folding that anytime,and on the river,surely he'll bet any hand that has us beat?

DeMaci 06-21-2007 01:38 AM

I do not shove the turn, they are folding any worse hand, youre losing all value. Betting the river is the main reason for not shoving the turn. You have to bet river.

And this forum is suppose to be constructive, stop giving the guy a hard time and give positive feedback or dont say anything at all.

curtains 06-21-2007 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not shove the turn, they are folding any worse hand, youre losing all value. Betting the river is the main reason for not shoving the turn. You have to bet river.

And this forum is suppose to be constructive, stop giving the guy a hard time and give positive feedback or dont say anything at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Our opponents aren't good at poker, thats why we play and most of us make money from playing. This means that they arent going to automatically fold 99 on the turn because we raise them. If hero posts the same exact hand but says he has AK, do you honestly think everyone will say "you have to raise the turn because your opponent is definitely going to fold his overpair?". Of course not, because we don't expect our random online opponents to fold overpairs, except somehow when we have a bigger overpair, then everyone gets scared to death that a raise will make them instafold.

DeMaci 06-21-2007 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Our opponents aren't good at poker, thats why we play and most of us make money from playing. This means that they arent going to automatically fold 99 on the turn because we raise them. If hero posts the same exact hand but says he has AK, do you honestly think everyone will say "you have to raise the turn because your opponent is definitely going to fold his overpair?". Of course not, because we don't expect our random online opponents to fold overpairs, except somehow when we have a bigger overpair, then everyone gets scared to death that a raise will make them instafold.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was a smaller buyin tournament I would probably agree, but I'm thinking that in a $300 buyin tournament these people would have some level of thought.

Besides protecting against 55/66, what else is the raise doing? Do you think that when the 7 hits on the river the villian is going to be scared you made a straight? I honeslty dont see the reasoning for raising and the chance he might fold when it's possible to get a fair amount of chips on the river.

curtains 06-21-2007 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was a smaller buyin tournament I would probably agree, but I'm thinking that in a $300 buyin tournament these people would have some level of thought.

Besides protecting against 55/66, what else is the raise doing? Do you think that when the 7 hits on the river the villian is going to be scared you made a straight? I honeslty dont see the reasoning for raising and the chance he might fold when it's possible to get a fair amount of chips on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying you would definitely raise with any 2 cards (assuming you have nothing) here correct?

Ansky 06-21-2007 03:53 AM

3bang flop

bet river if u didnt.

uclabruinz 06-21-2007 09:50 AM

I definitely 3bet the flop. You need to get him to get his money in before a scare card hits on the turn, and he'll probably do it with something stupid like 77.

binions 06-21-2007 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People who say things like "I suck deep stacked" when they're talking 100 BB make me sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess Alan Goehring makes you sad. In his view, 100xB+ is considered deepstack in tournament nlhe.

uclabruinz 06-21-2007 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People who say things like "I suck deep stacked" when they're talking 100 BB make me sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

100 BBs in an online tourney IS deepstacked, and clearly that is the situation he was referring to, so there is no need to feel sad or give OP a hard time.

Butcho22 06-21-2007 02:00 PM

Raise more preflop