Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Going to war with KK preflop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=431744)

ADLinden 06-20-2007 03:10 PM

Re: Going to war with KK preflop

KK=the nuts

lacky 06-20-2007 04:51 PM

I do not fold them in a box.
I do not fold them with a fox.
I do not fold them in a house.
I do not fold them with a mouse.
I do not fold them here or there.
I do not fold them anywhere.
I do not fold KK preflop.
I do not fold them, Sam-I-am.

btw-thats true at any level. I have never folded KK preflop in an sng. I have almost never folded QQ against one opponent.

Steve

dykker 06-21-2007 07:27 AM

A slight hi-jack of the thread, then how many players should be all-in in front of you before you would fold KK preflop, 2-3-4 or does it not matter ?

An example from memory I played a 3.4$ sng, hand 1. Utg raised 3-4 bb, mp called, I raised with KK. Utg went all-in, mp called, Hero ?

Jimmy James 06-21-2007 07:43 AM

I'd fold multi way, such as raise, reraise all in, call all in, call all in. I'd muck the KK. I've done it in the past, and someone always shows AA in that situation.

Versus one opponent putting me all in, I don't fold KK unless there was some super weird bubble situation.

Sounded Simple 06-21-2007 08:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A slight hi-jack of the thread, then how many players should be all-in in front of you before you would fold KK preflop, 2-3-4 or does it not matter ?

An example from memory I played a 3.4$ sng, hand 1. Utg raised 3-4 bb, mp called, I raised with KK. Utg went all-in, mp called, Hero ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cant hit CALL fast enough.

One thing that swings it is that "correct" late SNG strategy can really take advantage of a big stack.
OK there is an increased chance that you will see AA here but just as often AK & QQ or AQ & TT (and worse at 3.40)

Call and triple up with 2 less players and you have max pwning potential in the bank.
Call and lose to AA - Meh, fire up another.

PattdownManiac 06-21-2007 08:26 AM

I don't even fold QQ in 27's.

shbball7 06-21-2007 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In low stakes turbo SNGs KK is Never a fold at level 1 IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

j_step 06-21-2007 12:09 PM

you need a bigger raise preflop like 4-5 BB than just call the all in or go all in yourself

Knight Vision 06-21-2007 01:50 PM

This thread got really bad after AMT posted.

Please don't raise more because you "get too many callers at 3x" and no, not every time 4 peeps are all-in will somebody show AA.

alex-star 06-21-2007 02:44 PM

always be shoving with QQ+.