Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Folding Idiosyncracy Observation + Hand From Today's Session (longish) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=430639)

soah 06-21-2007 03:47 AM

Re: Folding Idiosyncracy Observation + Hand From Today\'s Session (long

flicking them with one finger can cause the front of the cards to rise up slightly... if they get too much air under them they fly up in the air. it's also harder to control exactly how far they go. I accidently killed a girl's hand recently because she hadn't gathered up her cards yet and I was UTG and flicked my cards in too hard. =/ There are a couple different ways that I muck my cards depending on which seat I'm at, how much room I have to move my hands, and whether there are any stacks of chips that I have to dodge.

lippy 06-21-2007 04:00 AM

If flop was a failed c/r, then it's fine.

Off Duty 06-21-2007 02:13 PM

I alternately flick, toss, or push the cards out depending on how I'm sitting in the chair.

If I'm eating, I usually flick, and occasionally toss.

If I'm sitting forward (like I usually do) I place the cards as close to the muck as I can to help the short armed dealer and minimize chance of exposing a hand.

jba 06-21-2007 02:17 PM

you both played that hand really badly.

yourface 06-21-2007 03:12 PM

Re: Folding Idiosyncracy Observation + Hand From Today\'s Session (longish)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find it hard to believe that a winning player would do this (indicative of a lack of confidence),

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI -- Even winning players exhibit lack of confidence in their hand when they muck their cards when facing a bet(regardless of whether they are pushed, flicked or thrown). It is a universal tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha nice

Trae3ab 06-21-2007 03:21 PM

Re: Folding Idiosyncracy Observation + Hand From Today\'s Session (longish)

As far as paying attention to the game goes...

1. If I can see my neighbors hand, I will look.

2. If someone is tossing their hand high enough for me to see, I will look.

3. If I am priced in, I will look.

[It is unethical to inadvertantly show your hand.]

JJH3984 06-21-2007 03:38 PM

I just put my pointer and middle fingers on top of the cards and slide them into reach of the dealer. This way of mucking is the nuts; you never expose your hand; it moves action quickly; it is an easy one step movement; its also a little bit classy. The end.

Munga30 06-21-2007 03:51 PM

You didn't have a set, you had trips. Ranked the same? Yes. Played the same? No.

Stop feeling "greasy" for sucking out. Everyone sucks out. Everyone. The goal is to have them suck out on you more than you suck out on them, so don't feel the least bit of regret for it.

Start feeling "greasy" when you don't bet that flop.