Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   lansing,MI ...Trippers bar charity event trip report (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=430329)

NaturalSelection 06-20-2007 01:56 AM

Re: lansing,MI ...Trippers bar charity event trip report

When Royal Scot first started they got 3-6 going pretty regularly but you won't find limit at either place hardly ever. If it does happen, it will be at Royal Scot.

Yes Royal Scot is right by the airport.

Yes, I've played both, neither could be classified as tough by any stretch of the imagination. The only difference is that sometimes the game will be mostly tight weak as opposed to loose weak, with the rare, VERY good LAG game breaking out. Usually in the PLO game obv.

I have never faced more than three tough opponents at one table at either location, normally it will be 0-2.

DarkForceRising 06-20-2007 02:09 AM

Any of you guys ever play at The Duece in Standale? It is a smaller room, but the atmosphere is much nicer than the Delta Plex.

bluebrush 07-02-2007 09:17 PM

I'm not sure who you heard that from but it's not true. I play there regularly and I've done it many times. It's the best tourney games in Lansing. I went to Royal Scott 5 times and only got to play one tourney. They didn't have enough players and I tried to get on a cash game but after waiting 45 minutes, I left. Again, not enough players to open two tables. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

bluebrush 07-02-2007 09:27 PM

It can be a honey hole. There are some good solid players but there are plenty of donks. It's my favorite spot for no limit. I love the tourneys and the structure.
I play every Saturday and Sunday night. Maybe I'll see you there.

Xuan768 07-06-2007 03:29 PM

I've never been to Royal Scott, but I can say that Tripper's does have fantastic tournaments. The Saturday and Sunday tournaments are 60 dollar freezeouts, and the Thursday tournaments are 30 dollar rebuys (I wouldn't recommend the Thursday touranments unless you are willing to buyin more than a couple times and don't mind the crapshoot final table [the blinds and antes end up being more than 10% of the total chips on the table]).

w33ktight 07-11-2007 03:52 AM

i pwwwwwwwwwn trippers

MrDetroit 07-11-2007 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard check raising is not allowed, is that true?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe i missed it but did anyone answer this question?

Niediam 07-12-2007 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never been to Royal Scott, but I can say that Tripper's does have fantastic tournaments. The Saturday and Sunday tournaments are 60 dollar freezeouts, and the Thursday tournaments are 30 dollar rebuys (I wouldn't recommend the Thursday touranments unless you are willing to buyin more than a couple times and don't mind the crapshoot final table [the blinds and antes end up being more than 10% of the total chips on the table]).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a big fan of 25% vig though. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] And the rebuys are raked too.

Niediam 07-12-2007 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I heard check raising is not allowed, is that true?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe i missed it but did anyone answer this question?

[/ QUOTE ]

You used to not be able to checkraise in cash games but a few months ago the law was changed so that you can.

NaturalSelection 07-12-2007 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i pwwwwwwwwwn trippers

[/ QUOTE ]

I do, and I'm not selling :-)