Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Is Dave & Buster's a super ghetto place where you live? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=429487)

miajag 06-17-2007 05:13 PM

Re: Is Dave & Buster\'s a super ghetto place where you live?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely not ghetto. I might not call it 'nice' in an upper-class kind of way, but no way is it ghetto.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this would be my description of the one I went to (which was in Rockville outside of DC).

[/ QUOTE ]

That one is indeed nice, as is the one at Arundel Mills.

El Diablo 06-17-2007 05:13 PM

b,

We paid $30 for a card with 170 credits. Pop-a-shot was 4 credits a game. That's a lot of pop-a-shot.

They also had a special: $15 for dinner + $10 card or $23 for dinner + $20 game card.

El Diablo 06-17-2007 05:15 PM

All,

Also, at this one, a lot of the games/machines were out of service and there was a wait for pretty much everything.

hoyasnaxa 06-17-2007 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

See, the vibe in Houston

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why it was ghetto.

El Diablo 06-17-2007 05:17 PM

hoya,

Wrong.

As I explained, the one in Houston was quite nice when I went a number of times (quite a long time ago, though). The one in the SF Bay Area was ghetto.

Annorax 06-17-2007 05:19 PM

There isn't one here. Wish there was.

Spellmen 06-17-2007 05:20 PM

I've only been to the one in Pittsburgh since it's very close to me, but it's nice. It's in the Waterfront, which is a recently developed shopping area for those unfamilar with the city. That said, I don't really like it, they need to get some older games in there like Simpsons and Xmen arcade games

Guy Incognito 06-17-2007 05:24 PM

The one here is probably closer to "ghetto" than "nice", but the thing that really bugs me is that they charge for parking, charge for admission, are nazi-ish about IDing (while there are a hundred kids still milling around inside)... so you may THEN have the privilege of paying too much for mediocre food and games. I'd sooner go to Jillian's than go back there.

Homer 06-17-2007 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol can you define "ghetto" - Dave & Busters will set a family back $200 for a day of video games and lunch/dinner - not too many "ghetto" families in Philly that can afford that

[/ QUOTE ]

that sounds way too high for a family of 4.

(btw, the one riverfront in philly isn't ghetto but the other one is)

kleinstadt1 06-17-2007 05:28 PM

In Chicago, (Clark and Division) it's pretty ghetto. I'm always baffled by the mobs of thugs wanting to play "Dance Dance Revolution" or some other weird game.

Although, mercifully, I haven't been in a couple of years, at least.