Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Best Player To Win The Series? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=428332)

KakiTee 06-15-2007 10:13 PM

Re: Best Player To Win The Series?

Chan has best acheivements in ME

SILLYGOOSER 06-15-2007 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SILLYGOOSER OBV LOLOL

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Not old enough to go to series but expect to see there in a few years.

SILLYGOOSER 06-15-2007 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In terms of all around poker playing ability it has to be Brunson. In terms of tournament NL ability only, than probably Carlos Mortensen. With his WPT championship win and the fact that he always seems to go deep in large fields and his back to back Party million wins shows he understands even the online NL tourney game as well.

Hachem is a close second. And I don't think Chan has adapted as well to the way the game is played now as well as Mortensen is able too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Might agree with all of this if you didn't list Hachem who was he before he won the main event?

rounder00 06-15-2007 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chan has best acheivements in ME

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you should look at stueys accomplishments, they blow chan out of the water

Russ M. 06-15-2007 10:25 PM

Phil Hellmuth helloooooooo

nath 06-15-2007 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bob stupak and it's not even close imo

[/ QUOTE ]
define "win the series"

my vote goes to noel furlong btw

TimTimSalabim 06-15-2007 10:39 PM

I assume 'win the series' means ME. Probably could make a good argument for Chan, Brunson, Hellmuth, maybe even Harrington and a few others. I'd be surprised if this topic hasn't been done before, including a poll.

Edit: oh and Stuey duh.

A_C_Slater 06-15-2007 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In terms of all around poker playing ability it has to be Brunson. In terms of tournament NL ability only, than probably Carlos Mortensen. With his WPT championship win and the fact that he always seems to go deep in large fields and his back to back Party million wins shows he understands even the online NL tourney game as well.

Hachem is a close second. And I don't think Chan has adapted as well to the way the game is played now as well as Mortensen is able too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Might agree with all of this if you didn't list Hachem who was he before he won the main event?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's on what he's done since winning. The next year he went deeper than any other ME winner and he finsihed 2nd to Dutch Boyd in a 6 max event. And later that year he won the 3rd most prestigious tournament of the year in the 15k buy in Doyle Brunson North American Classic.

TheWorm967 06-15-2007 10:56 PM

didn't chan win two then finish second in the third?

pretty impressive stuff if i'm correct.

Roy Gonzo 06-15-2007 11:01 PM

...are you serious?

Brandi "Percentage Girl" Hawbaker obviously! After this years ME! ...and it's not even close!