Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   AC- Poker and bachelor party suggestions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=427553)

cmurl904 06-16-2007 08:12 PM

Re: AC- Poker and bachelor party suggestions

Yeah, the 5/10 stud game is pretty good at the Trop. I almost gave up on it back in March, but it's been OK the last couple if times I've played in it. It's great compared to the 5/10 game at the Taj where you feel like you're playing in the home game of your dad's friends.

I'm curious to see if younger hold 'em players will give the 3/6 7CS game a shot. I'm not holding my breath BTW...

LrdNikon 06-16-2007 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the 5/10 stud game is pretty good at the Trop. I almost gave up on it back in March, but it's been OK the last couple if times I've played in it. It's great compared to the 5/10 game at the Taj where you feel like you're playing in the home game of your dad's friends.

I'm curious to see if younger hold 'em players will give the 3/6 7CS game a shot. I'm not holding my breath BTW...

[/ QUOTE ]

As a potential live 7CS noob, what do you recommend for a buy-in for either game (3-6 or 5-10)? How about what to expect as far as swings?

cmurl904 06-17-2007 11:21 AM

I used to buy in with $100 when I played 1/5. I'd buy in with $120-140 for the 3/6, $200 for 5/10.

As far as swings go, be careful in the 5/10. There's a .50 cent ante (low card BI is $2), which doesn't seem like a lot. BUT, if you're too loose on third street, it will eat at your stack. Play tight/agressive on third (especially if you have the highest pair), unless you're rolled up.
Completing the bet to $5 usually doesn't chase too many people out though.
Other than that, be careful of flush/straight chasers on the river if they raise. A lot of old timers will chase these hands down to river and crack your Aces/Kings up and trips.

It's a beatable game with the right players in it, which is tough during the week. There's a lot of locals, but they're not really good-just tight. It only takes one or two guys with a little "action" in them to juice up the game. I haven't played it on a Fri./Sat. night in a while, but I'd assume that it's pretty good. They'll also have more than one table on weekends too.

BTW, avoid the Taj 5/10 & 10/20 games, they usually have 4-5 locals who actually have a clue how to play stud.

LrdNikon 06-18-2007 07:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just get a street walker, I heard they are HOT. Plus they can be quite affordable.

Here is a documentary about it:

The Hot Hookers of Atlantic City

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they all as HOT as that girl on the front page?

That's just scary...