Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   There must be a standard line here (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=427281)

pegboy 06-14-2007 10:50 AM

Re: There must be a standard line here

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I think approx 1/2 the hands in his range have you beat

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree because there are only four aces in the deck and we can see two of them.

Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, I'm wrong, I like #2 even more now.

danzasmack 06-14-2007 10:54 AM

One thing I'll do if like the board is

A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - he bets, I call

I'll raise like the 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] turn

sebastien 06-14-2007 11:15 AM

why???
i really think he doesn t fold is AX

danzasmack 06-14-2007 11:16 AM

because i can't get 3-bet

Guy McSucker 06-14-2007 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing I'll do if like the board is

A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - he bets, I call

I'll raise like the 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] turn

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty interesting.

I was also wondering about raising when a broadway card hits the turn. You stand a decent chance of getting paid off, if he's hit that card; you get to protect your hand a bit versus gutshot draws that will most likely check-fold the river UI anyway; and again you're pretty unlikely to be threebet by anything you beat or split with. Anyone like?

Guy.

jstill 06-14-2007 12:37 PM

i like raising the board pairing bdfd cards, u get alot of light calldowns on that card (atleast from me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ), but after u raise this turn do u have a clear vb on the river?

And if u raise/fold to a 3bet on a broadway card and the board is A96K and he finds a good 3bet with TPTK (easier to do if u are habitually raising the turn here with TPNK), u miss out on 3 outs for the win and 6 for the chop, getting like 10:1 now. and again if u raise this turn, whats the correct river action? His range is much stronger after he calls ur raise on a K Q or J turn.

i think u just get urself in trouble and end up with ambiguous decisions on the river or when faced with a 3bet (particularly against unknowns). The major plus side tho is metagame, if he cant respect a turn raise since it could be any draw or any TP u get paid off more later. Not sure its always worth gaining that to give up some by taking a slightly less than optimal line thats a bit too aggressive (raise turn on a 9 6 or broadway, and bet a blank river), since we ll probably be semi-bluffing enough already in many other spots.

Apanage 06-14-2007 01:38 PM

If you get 3-bet on turn by a decent LAG/TAG on a non-pair board your hand is dead anyways (I know some people donīt believe that. But that is a fact).So the board pairing donīt give us any reason to raise if we didnīt find it suitable on a non-paired board.
The only thing you accomplish with a turn raise on a paired board is that you may scare TT-KK to fold since they now realize that there are more possible hands that has the potential to beat their PP.
Most of the value from playing WA/WB in the first place is to avoid folding worse hands which makes this line some kind of contraproductive.

Nate tha\\\' Great 06-14-2007 01:47 PM

One thing I'll say is that raising the turn doesn't make any sense unless you can value bet the river.

Apanage 06-14-2007 01:49 PM

I hate WA/WB lines but I think it is by far the best in this case when we have position.
I think raising turn and check behind is second best. But that depends on the turn card.

danzasmack 06-14-2007 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like raising the board pairing bdfd cards, u get alot of light calldowns on that card (atleast from me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ), but after u raise this turn do u have a clear vb on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

1st part answers 2nd part.

This play also substantiates future turn raises and wins $ when you do raise the turn and AK is like "WTF LOL" later on. because they "learned"