Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   NEW Poker After Dark airs June 11 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=422639)

TimTimSalabim 06-08-2007 07:12 PM

Re: NEW Poker After Dark airs June 11

[ QUOTE ]
How old is seed? I mean he looks like 25, but he won the ME 11 years ago?

[/ QUOTE ]

According to wikipedia he's 38.

chicken10der 06-08-2007 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How old is seed? I mean he looks like 25, but he won the ME 11 years ago?

[/ QUOTE ]

According to wikipedia he's 38.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mindblowing. Like snel said, he totally looks early/mid-20s.

I'd love to see him win this, but he never seems to win on TV, which I hate. I think he won one of the preliminary rounds in Poker Superstars III, but that hardly counts.

Dima2000123 06-09-2007 03:27 AM

I think Hachem has the advantage. His style suits the format of the show, where you have a couple of slow level where you just have to maintain or slightly build your stack, and then you turbo 15 minute levels at the end, to make the show end on time. Hachem has the best sense of when to play tight, and when to open up.

Of all the other players, Seed and Chan also have a good shot. Gold and Raymer are too aggressive for the format, and they'd need to get really lucky. I don't even know why Doyle bothers showing up.

Self Made 06-09-2007 09:53 PM

So how come NBC's web site has Chris Moneymaker, Jamie Gold, Johnny Chan, Chris Ferguson, Doyle Brunson, and Carlos Mortensen as playing?

Salmo Trutta 06-09-2007 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say that out of all the main event winners over the last 5 years, that Joe Hacham has to be the most consistent player around out of the bunch (just a personal opinion). I'm not at all surprised to see him out there in front.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at a seminar with T.J. Cloutier the other day, and he said that he thinks Hachem is by far the best player out of the last 5 world champions. He said Raymer is pretty good, but Hachem is really a world class player. He didn't think much of the others, which certainly isn't surprising.

True North 06-09-2007 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So how come NBC's web site has Chris Moneymaker, Jamie Gold, Johnny Chan, Chris Ferguson, Doyle Brunson, and Carlos Mortensen as playing?

[/ QUOTE ]
Wrong series. That one aired back in January.

TheSmiths 06-10-2007 08:02 AM

Anyone know if PAD will air in UK all I ever see is old pokersuperstars and world series.

mucked4u 06-10-2007 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say that out of all the main event winners over the last 5 years, that Joe Hacham has to be the most consistent player around out of the bunch (just a personal opinion). I'm not at all surprised to see him out there in front.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe is by far the best. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I was at a seminar with T.J. Cloutier the other day, and he said that he thinks Hachem is by far the best player out of the last 5 world champions. He said Raymer is pretty good, but Hachem is really a world class player. He didn't think much of the others, which certainly isn't surprising.

[/ QUOTE ]

menacing_1 06-10-2007 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This has now been corrected on NBC's website.

Rottersod 06-10-2007 06:03 PM

Huck Seed. He has the kind of patient game that favors these shootouts.