Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Ted Lawson (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=422401)

EC10 06-07-2007 05:30 PM

Re: Ted Lawson

he was stalling into the money at the PCA

TalkingDonkey 06-07-2007 05:30 PM

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/play...=r&n=26073

FWIW I remember ESPN mentioning he's CEO of some company - it's a little easier to cash when you have the skrilla to enter every damn tourney.

wisehandpoker 06-07-2007 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How the hell does this guy have over $900,000 in live tourney winnings in 2007?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's actually a lot better than one TV appearance makes him look .

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

Tyler Durden 06-07-2007 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How the hell does this guy have over $900,000 in live tourney winnings in 2007?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's actually a lot better than one TV appearance makes him look?

[/ QUOTE ]

Impossible.

Fiasco 06-07-2007 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf!

the guy misreads one hand where he thought he had a straight but didn't and that makes him a horrible player?

[/ QUOTE ] In the same PLO tournament he raised the river and then called Deeb's all in with the worst possible boat. Deeb announces "I have a boat" and Lawson responds "I have a boat" like hes all proud of his hand (this is really what his tone conveys). Then he looks puzzled when he loses.

The guy really did come across as the biggest idiot possible.

Possible theories:
1) He got drunk at that PLO final table, then quit drinking
2) Hes gotten A LOT better. A lot.
3) Hes super good at sensing weakness in others and so maybe doesnt really need to have any sort of basic understanding of the games hes playing? maybe not
4) ohmygodwhatalucksack

I was assuming it was #4 for a while, but as time goes on I guess #2 looks more and more likely.

WutRUTryin2Hit 06-08-2007 02:06 AM

Didn't he play kind of retarded in the 2nd WSOP event he was in also that was televised last year? I forget what event it was or details on his play... maybe I just saw him as horrible in that because his previous appearance was seriously one of the biggest jokes in TV poker. The "I have a straight" hand was extra awesome cause didn't noone tell him right away that he didn't have it, then they dealt the turn and pushed the pot to the other guy and he was all surprised and stood and stared and pointed at his cards.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I read a bunch of Cardplayer hand reports in the past 6 months where he still seems to suck. And that "Criminal Mind" or whatever clothing line him and Lee Watkinson were wearing on his latest TV appearance was beyond hideous. So I'm going with ohmygodwhatalucksackinahorriblehorribleshirt.

xx44 06-08-2007 02:13 AM

I posted the last year in a thread about Lawson. While at a wsop event last year, H Corkins and L Watkinson were saying that Ted was one of the better semi-pros out there (with definite sincerity).

He is president and largest shareholder of a publicly traded Florida insurance company.

WutRUTryin2Hit 06-08-2007 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I posted the last year in a thread about Lawson. While at a wsop event last year, H Corkins and L Watkinson were saying that Ted was one of the better semi-pros out there (with definite sincerity).

He is president and largest shareholder of a publicly traded Florida insurance company .

[/ QUOTE ] and obviously is staking H Corkins and L Watkinson

fyp

Dima2000123 06-08-2007 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

He is president and largest shareholder of a publicly traded Florida insurance company .

[/ QUOTE ] and obviously is staking H Corkins and L Watkinson

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]
Or regularly plays cash games with them.

MR EPI 06-08-2007 05:12 AM

How do the idiots that post here win? There are like 5.