Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   I fold TP vs LAG. ok? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=422381)

danzasmack 06-07-2007 05:32 PM

Re: I fold TP vs LAG. ok?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If i'm gonna fold to a c/r i'm gonna check behind which i'm not gonna do so i'm not gonna fold to a c/r

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this your rule for this hand or every hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

this hand. see villain description.

yourface 06-07-2007 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Bonus question: is it ok to just call the flop? The pot is tiny but the board is pretty drawy. Dunno which is most important.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling the flop is my standard play here. I believe raising the flop is a significant mistake in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

care to elaborate?

a LAG will raise a lot of his KX hands preflop so we are looking at a smaller pair or a draw most of the time here.

Oink 06-07-2007 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Bonus question: is it ok to just call the flop? The pot is tiny but the board is pretty drawy. Dunno which is most important.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling the flop is my standard play here. I believe raising the flop is a significant mistake in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks ILP!

Whats your line in this spot after the flop call? Do you raise a blank turn or do you just keep calling down?

yourface 06-13-2007 10:26 AM

bump for flop play discussion

I liked the raise but ILP seems to feel strongly about a call

TheWunderkind 06-13-2007 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
before even reading the hand I thought "no"

and now that I've read the hand, I still think no. the turn brings like a bajillion pair+draw hands that he can be semibluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

TheWunderkind 06-13-2007 10:58 AM

but its not that clear since i feel the new LAG trend is to c/r
only strong hands knowing they will get looked up lightly, i think it depends here on the overall situation at the table but
standard would be not to fold

bobhalford 06-13-2007 10:59 AM

I generally call the flop and raise the turn, but not this particular turn. I would just call all streets barring a 4-flush board.

ILOVEPOKER929 06-13-2007 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks ILP!

Whats your line in this spot after the flop call? Do you raise a blank turn or do you just keep calling down?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just call down most of the time. In this situation you will usually make more money by inducing a lesser hand/bluff to bet your hand all the way than you can by taking the initiative with a raise and hoping some lesser hand pays you off. Also if the villain is tricky, this would be another reason supporting a flop call. In small pots vs tricky/aggressive opponents, you will almost always be better off letting the villain keep the initiative when you have a decent hand that cant handle much heat.

I would only consider raising the flop against a very straight foward opponent who is a super showdown money that will gladly call me down with middle and bottom pair here. I would also raise the flop vs a maniac like Chuck999 on AP cuz he will 3bet the flop with nothing and I get to raise the turn and let him 3bet with nothing again. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oink 06-13-2007 11:03 AM

I miss Chuck...

emKay 06-13-2007 12:27 PM

goddamn, see next post