Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Wow I think I just killed the deck... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=419569)

KEW 06-04-2007 02:43 PM

Re: Wow I think I just killed the deck...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also if it get checked thru and they fold to a bet on the turn it did not matter what you did on the flop they were folding anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this is exactly what I disagree with. If this were the case, no one would ever fire the second barrel on the turn. But the reality is that weak fish call on the flop to see another card, but have a sense that the second card is somehow worth less (even though the pot odds are probably better now).

I wouldn't make a PSB here. I think you can all kinds of calls other than AK and the unlikely AQ. A lot of PP will call you down, along with the occasional Ax. I kid you not, I had someone call their ENTIRE stack off with A8 or A7 on a 444 flop. I had KK or something. I have no clue what they were thinking, but I got their $25 and they were so far behind it wasn't funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think of it this way...What gives me the best chance to win a big/huge pot??? I am not worried about getting one more small bet...I want the stacks...Whether or not villain call 1 more bet on the flop but would not have called on the turn is not that important to me...This value here is also greatly reduced by the times you allow AK to spike an A or K on the turn...Also this is a 3 bet PF bloated pot already...This changes the hand dramatically...If this was only a raised pot I would bet out without question...

Shaqalicious 06-04-2007 02:50 PM

this happened to me earlier today. i had KK and the flop came K55. i checked behind and then things went crazy on the turn when villian with 56 suited decided to stop "slowplaying" his flopped trips. unfortunatley you aren't always this lucky.

in this case, i think its OK to bet 1/3 to 1/2 the pot on the flop and hope someone has a flush draw. it's going to be really hard to get stacks in the middle without betting all 3 streets.

KEW 06-04-2007 03:03 PM

it's going to be really hard to get stacks in the middle without betting all 3 streets.

This is not true...Not needing 3 streets is a major reason why I like a check..Any "real" bet by either villain will virtually committ them...Effective stacks are about 100BBs in a three way reraised pot...

Fiksdal 06-04-2007 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

unfortunatley you aren't always this lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

O RLY? Well I always have my luckbox polished you know.

Here's what happened:

Flop checks through, Turn offsuit 3, SB leads for $1.75, I call, MP raises to $10 (omg sexy time), SB folds, I shove, MP instacalls with 33

POKER IS EZ SHIP IT.

hummusx 06-04-2007 03:12 PM

Against a good/decent opponent, your only hope is that he makes a hand. Against a crappy opponent it's not necessarily so.

I think ONLY playing for stacks is a bad way to make money in the long run. I want to get his stack in here as often as possible too, but I'll take whatever I can get. If that's just one more 1/2 PSB on the flop, great. It's still more than you get when you let him see two free cards (which will miss him like 80% of the time) and get nothing more.

corsakh 06-04-2007 03:24 PM

A good player will put you on a hand immediately. And a bad one will loose more by drawing.

hummusx 06-04-2007 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A good player will put you on a hand immediately. And a bad one will loose more by drawing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very sage. So you advocate the check as well?

My anecdotal evidence over 5k hands or so over the weekend is that betting gets more money in the long run. Could be sample size issues.

Fiksdal 06-04-2007 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

A good player will put you on a hand immediately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I probably check AK here too...

corsakh 06-04-2007 03:31 PM

Sometimes, but a whole lot less likely.

corsakh 06-04-2007 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very sage. So you advocate the check as well?

My anecdotal evidence over 5k hands or so over the weekend is that betting gets more money in the long run. Could be sample size issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting is way better. At worst it gives the villain an opportunity to minraise on a paired board.