Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   11: Another mediocre Ace from the button, help (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=417230)

PattdownManiac 06-02-2007 01:08 AM

Re: 11: Another mediocre Ace from the button, help

LockPlayer you aren't allowed to give advice on here anymore.

Kevin8423 06-02-2007 01:26 AM

Wow just because someone doesn't give the best advice doesn't mean they should be banished.. often you improve the most by getting corrected when you wrongly answer peoples questions.

And I do agree, no matter how many times I've shoved in a row before this I'm getting it in.

DevinLake 06-02-2007 02:00 AM

Let's clarify, this is a 6max which makes this the bubble right? If so, I think it is closer than what everyone else is suggesting. Really need reads here.

DevinLake 06-02-2007 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you can raise 3 times the blind and that still gives you a chance to fold, I am assuming this is not turbo sng so you will still have enough chips to play.

also might depend on stakes you are playing, if you are playing higher limit sngs it is closer to all in I think, in my opinion people dont try to resteal in smaller sng, thus if they have a hand they will raise anyways, and you still can fold, where if you go all in the only hand that will call you is the hand that has you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising to 3x and folding is pretty bad. You'll be getting offered great odds, and the situation won't be much better than shoving later and getting called anyway.

You also might entice a shove from a borderline hand that would have folded to your shove. Like 55-66, A9 type hands.

Another thing, this being a turbo really has nothing to do with the decision in this hand. Whether a it's a turbo or a regular, the payout structure is the same, the chips are worth the same, your villains are the same, so it's just about the EV.

One last thing, in sngs being in a situation where only hands that have you beat is not a reason to not shove. Most times this will be the case. The thing is, they won't have a hand that has you beat that often, and that is where the value comes from.

AMT 06-02-2007 02:10 AM

Shove against most opponents...A8s is a good hand to do this with. A lot of players will even call a shove with A2-A7 here, but you should still have a lot of FE.

Bruut99 06-02-2007 06:25 AM

Im only pushing this into calling stations. Blinds are to low. Why should sb risk this with a7 or KQ or that sort of hands for 70% of his stack on the bubble for 60 chips.