Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   So Am I A NIt? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=415842)

eurythmech 05-30-2007 06:15 PM

Re: So Am I A NIt?

This has got very little to do with nittiness imho.

A) 90%
B) <1%

What makes you able to gambool to such a large extent here is that

a) You have no immediate family to care for. That is, no wife that I know of, and no young children. I assume you livve in a single person household.

b) More importantly, I'm sure you are very certain to earn substantial amounts of money in the future through book sales, magazine articles, endorsements and 2+2. If you were busto today I assume you would have no problem making a decent living for the rest of your life anyway.

Angrymoog 05-30-2007 06:15 PM

I fail to see how the question is relevant. As relating to nits.

JoEyPeNeLoPe 05-30-2007 06:18 PM

i'm gonna say 5% as a minimum. If your playing nlh with a 20 BI br and you are getting 7-5 on a flip you should happily get it all in and folding would be a mistake.

berya 05-30-2007 06:18 PM

Stop creating new useless threads and finish the one you started. Start naming names.

EmpireMaker2 05-30-2007 06:20 PM

These questions are just dumb.....I hate all your posts skalnsky

JoEyPeNeLoPe 05-30-2007 06:21 PM

i think 100k-10m is way too large of a range because the answer should be different if you had 10mil than if you had 100k. Assuming you were a winning poker player with 10mil you could still make a great living with a 2mil br but the difference between 100k and 20k is a being able to make a living at all and your RoR after dropping down would be actually exist whereas with 2mil if your willing to drop down when necessary your RoR is effectively zero.

TStoneMBD 05-30-2007 06:22 PM

david, honestly, you are a bit of a nit and you should know that when you get up from the table to do whatever you do, i sometimes hear people make nit jokes about you. people do get annoyed quite a bit by your get up from the table and walk endlessly thing. it doesnt bother me though. why would i want you in the game?

im sure youd risk a higher % than the average american, but that has alot to do with your mentality and understanding of odds. it also has to do with you being exposed to such gambling. im sure youve sat with 10% of your bankroll at a poker table several times in your life. the majority of people with 100k-10m have not.

id probably risk 25% of my roll on that flip, but that has alot to do with the fact that i dont want to go under a certain # amount for my bankroll. if i had more id flip for a higher percent. i guess that makes me a sick degenerate. sweaters is talking about 5%. he must play nl with 200 buyin rolls.

maroneur 05-30-2007 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These questions are just dumb.....I hate all your posts skalnsky

[/ QUOTE ]

OPportunist 05-30-2007 06:25 PM

Expert Brandi tutelage deflection, Dave. Kudos.

samsdmf 05-30-2007 06:26 PM

LOL @ DS taking stuff said in NVG personaly, what a nit