Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Science, Math, and Philosophy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Can Christians Accept A Ressurection Within The Laws of Physics? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=410634)

Phil153 05-24-2007 05:55 AM

Re: Can Christians Accept A Ressurection Within The Laws of Physics?

PTB,

Please humor me and state, for the record, that you do not think Christ was actually physically resurrected or performed actual physical miracles such as healing of the sick.

SNOWBALL 05-24-2007 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Did you ever read Hegel?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard of him. Wasn't he a commie?

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

no he was most certainly not a commie. The central idea of his philosophy was that human history develops through manifesting the world spirit (or god)
He was a christian.

People associate him with communism because Marx was influenced by Hegel's philosphical method of dialectics.

PairTheBoard 05-24-2007 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are talking like a Reform Jew who thinks that Jesus was a great teacher approximately equivalent to Moses. Not like a Christian. Again something that everyone on this forum from Not Ready and BluffThis to Zeno and Lestat (but not you) understands.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You misunderstand the position I described completely. A Spiritual Resurection still embodies and offers proof for the divinity of Christ. The Holy Trinity remains. Jesus remains the Mesiah. He remains the Way the Truth and the Life. His Resurection remains proof of that Life. The Validity of the Resurection is Magnified not diminished when the Ultimate Reality of the Spritual which Jesus talked about is recognized.

Jesus said, "My Kingdom is not of this world". You cannot understand any of this as long as your mind remains monopolized by the concepts of "This World".

btw, I think this view is becoming pretty much standard with modern thinkers in Liberal Christianity. I suspect it is the future direction of the Religion. Modern thinkers are going to insist on it.

PairTheBoard

PairTheBoard 05-24-2007 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PTB,

Please humor me and state, for the record, that you do not think Christ was actually physically resurrected or performed actual physical miracles such as healing of the sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

How would I know? However I see those tenets of the Religion as unnecessary and actually degradations of what the Religion should be.

PairTheBoard

PairTheBoard 05-24-2007 06:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Did you ever read Hegel?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard of him. Wasn't he a commie?

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

no he was most certainly not a commie. The central idea of his philosophy was that human history develops through manifesting the world spirit (or god)
He was a christian.

People associate him with communism because Marx was influenced by Hegel's philosphical method of dialectics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah dialectics. That's what I was thinking of. Dialectics always seemed too high falootin for me. As far as human history manifesting a world spirit which is identified as God? I wouldn't want to put God in a box called World Spirit. But I think there's something to the idea. I think we should recognize that everytime we think we have God nailed down it's probably time to come to a better understanding.

PairTheBoard

siegfriedandroy 05-24-2007 06:31 AM

the big bang is a big exception stopped reading there sorry drunk... can you beat victor (after 17 beers) at chess? how about capablanca?

David Sklansky 05-24-2007 06:32 AM

"No. You misunderstand the position I described completely. A Spiritual Resurection still embodies and offers proof for the divinity of Christ. The Holy Trinity remains. Jesus remains the Mesiah. He remains the Way the Truth and the Life. His Resurection remains proof of that Life. The Validity of the Resurection is Magnified not diminished when the Ultimate Reality of the Spritual which Jesus talked about is recognized.

Jesus said, "My Kingdom is not of this world". You cannot understand any of this as long as your mind remains monopolized by the concepts of "This World"."

I admit I cannot understand what you are saying. But that doesn't mean it is nonsense because after all you PREDICTED THAT I COULDN'T. The txaq argument all over again. But maybe you are right and it is just me who can't understand it. Meanwhile I would assume that others here would understand, even if they don't agree with it. Perhaps Not Ready, BluffThis, txaq, phil153, or chezlaw would translate for me.

siegfriedandroy 05-24-2007 06:33 AM

you are clearly adept at Greek. i read the 1st sentence and consequently cannot take u seriously!

JussiUt 05-24-2007 07:45 AM

PairTheBoard definately has an unique concept of God. I think we can clearly say he's not a traditional Christian. It's interesting that he chooses not to reveal much about his own faith like he has said many times. Of course he has all the right to do that but it tends to make things quite unclear for the rest of us.

If I had to pin down PairTheBoard I'd say he's very much like an agnostic deist with buddhist elements. But I could be very wrong.

MidGe 05-24-2007 08:38 AM

Hey, I can accept a virgin (parthenogenic) birth, especially this week since the discovery it was possible of sharks. I would not call the shark parthenogenesis as miraculous.