Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   NL100: 3Barrel hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=409476)

Cry Me A River 05-25-2007 02:16 AM

Re: 3Barrel hand

When he doesn't fold to the scare card on the turn I usually give up. You're representing a pair >=T pretty clearly here and he's clearly said he's not going anywhere. Barring a read that he likes to call 2 barrels (which you don't seem to have) this guy is either a station OR he's beating what you're representing. A set is definately in his range, there's very few draws. I'm not sure what's in his range that he's both A) capable of folding and B) willing to call 2 barrels with, particularly after the overcard on the turn.

If you think he plays 88/99 like this and can fold river then maybe but I think that's expecting a lot from random loose/bad player. Have you noticed him calling two streets a lot with no draws and giving up on the river? If not, I think this is pretty dodgy.

diebitter 05-25-2007 04:58 AM

Re: NL100: 3Barrel hand

Please include the level in the subject line in future hand histories. - Carter

CopTHIS 05-25-2007 05:58 AM

Give up on the river and hope for a miracle that he checks down 89s ;-)

If the turn and river cards were reversed then it would be better, but if they call that turn they are calling the river too often.

Semtex 05-25-2007 07:38 AM

i think the effective question in this hand is what your image was at the time.

chicken10der 05-25-2007 08:23 AM

I'm not too big of a fan here. The third barrel is betting 59 to win 82, so you need ~42% fold equity for it to be just breakeven. I just don't see that high of a % here because:

1. It is 5-handed, so you are going to get called down lighter.

2. The bet is a 70% PSB, and villain has already called 70% PSBs on flop and turn.

3. What Larude said. I just don't see enough best hands that will be forced to fold out on the river.

threads13 05-25-2007 08:53 AM

I would think that he may even raise 77 and 22. I am not sure what sort of Tx hands that he is open-limping on the button with. I think he may have something like QTs-T8s,JTs, 77-22. I think you can pretty much all of these hands to fold if this is an accurate range.

bottomset 05-25-2007 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would think that he may even raise 77 and 22. I am not sure what sort of Tx hands that he is open-limping on the button with. I think he may have something like QTs-T8s,JTs, 77-22. I think you can pretty much all of these hands to fold if this is an accurate range.

[/ QUOTE ]

he overlimped the btn

he called with QTo

so basically he had what I thought he had, just didn't do what I thought he would do

Jeff76 05-25-2007 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so basically he had what I thought he had, just didn't do what I thought he would do

[/ QUOTE ]Ah, the story of my poker life right there.