Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   intersting spot early in FTOPS $500 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=409338)

Andynan 05-22-2007 09:18 PM

Re: intersting spot early in FTOPS $500

Without specific reads i'd put jake on an overpair, looks anxious get all in while he thinks he is ahead. If he has a set here, he can smooth call and try to extract more chips on any non heart turn with his equity being sky-high and his hand relatively disguised, (as a really good draw or overpair). And he has position.

So I think we are ahead of his likely holdings.

The minraise I put on either TPGK, overcards putting you on a bluff on such a raggy board or a set.

I actually fold this thinking I can find more favorable spots, and thinking the shove could be a donk that got all excited his set would get action no matter what.

I agree that the minraise by itself without any more players is a tough position to be in, because you can't really know where you are. I'd maybe call, with the intention of leading the turn t800, folding to a shove, and very happy to get a call ( TP slowed down ?). Again a minraise on the turn would give me the creeps.

adanthar 05-22-2007 09:26 PM

the minraise means nothing. the 3 bet can be a bunch of things, some of which beat you, but I'm not folding 2 pair on an 853 board.

if worst comes to worst, river an 8.

MrTimCaum 05-22-2007 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if worst comes to worst, river an 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

qtf

im never folding this either because satellite donks that get in these huge mtts stack off with nothing. shoooove

Foucault 05-22-2007 09:47 PM

Is today opposite day or something? This looks like a ridiculously easy fold to me. I realize not everyone can read hands and there are satellites and yada yada, but your lines looks a LOT like at least two pair, you don't even have the best two pair, and two people are ready to play with you.

aejones 05-22-2007 10:05 PM

shove sometimes and fold sometimes, but shove usually

woodguy 05-22-2007 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Is today opposite day or something? This looks like a ridiculously easy fold to me. I realize not everyone can read hands and there are satellites and yada yada, but your lines looks a LOT like at least two pair, you don't even have the best two pair, and two people are ready to play with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

I know the overbet looks donkish, but we are not great against a donkish push range, and does 99 really overbet jam here?

If it does its closer, but I think the jammers have the overpush range too wide.

Regards,
Woodguy

Ansky 05-22-2007 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your line looks like 2 pair? You mean betting once looks like 2 pair?

shaundeeb 05-22-2007 10:52 PM

stick it in.

Foucault 05-22-2007 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your line looks like 2 pair? You mean betting once looks like 2 pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I misread the action. I thought all the preflop stuff was a bet of 60, a couple callers, and then a c/r to 300 by OP out of the BB.

I'm still not thrilled about it, but given that the action is just bet, min-raise, jam, I could see getting it in here. This at least convinces me that everyone else isn't crazy.

gravycakes 05-22-2007 11:18 PM

I'mintrigued on how this hand played out / what they had.