Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   3h, What do you do with? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=409267)

tmfs 05-22-2007 03:41 PM

Re: 3h, What do you do with?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would be shocked if any high stakes player folds a2s here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shocked? I'm pretty sure I'm not considered a nit and I easily muck A2s here. What are saying that most cap or call here. Either seems quite bad, for one your flop position sucks terribly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Capping could fold the BU, leaving the BB capper with overlay + position + initiative?

[/ QUOTE ]

The button folds very rarely to the cap in my experience, I would much prefer capping t9s vs A2s here.

newhizzle 05-22-2007 05:26 PM

im like the loosest player ever and i fold most of these hands

DeathDonkey 05-22-2007 05:44 PM

I'd also be curious about 67s, 78s,...JTs, I think we can agree QJs is just getting capped every time.

-DeathDonkey

geormiet 05-22-2007 05:56 PM

what about 22-66?

daryn 05-22-2007 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, i'm folding all Axs and Kxs

daryn 05-22-2007 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd also be curious about 67s, 78s,...JTs, I think we can agree QJs is just getting capped every time.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

i usually just call a QJs or JTs type hand. i can see the merits to capping though, and i'm sure i do it "sometimes"

Victor 05-22-2007 07:36 PM

well i guess everyone just plays them when im in the sb then. proly profitable since im easy to beat.

ragazzobello 05-22-2007 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shocked? I'm pretty sure I'm not considered a nit and I easily muck A2s here. What are saying that most cap or call here. Either seems quite bad, for one your flop position sucks terribly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Capping could fold the BU, leaving the BB capper with overlay + position + initiative?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is extremely wishful thinking IMO. Why would the button surrender his position 3 handed when he's already open-raised in a LHE game? There have been arguments made by LHE experts that 3 handed it is sometimes theoretically proper to straddle on the button every hand--although I do not completely agree with this, I think it would be idiotic for the button to fold to a cap in this spot.

I still think Axs and Kxs hands are folds here given the opponents you described. If you cap I guess you are praying you are up against QT and QJ or some middle pair to which you're not dominated. Doesn't sound very +Ev to me.

UMTerp 05-22-2007 10:08 PM

I realize that "x" implies a weak kicker, but at what value does the "x" become a cap against "typical" opponents? That's probably a better question.

A8s and K9s? Too loose/tight?

I can't imagine cold-calling any of these hands is ideal.

PokerBob 05-22-2007 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
button raises and SB 3towns? all of these hands are folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

because you don't have anything and you are stuck in the middle between 2 guys and you are going to make bad-payoff hands when you hit and ugh i can't beleive this is really even a question.