Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Why is 2p2 so big? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407760)

7n7 05-20-2007 05:30 PM

Re: Why is 2p2 so big?

[ QUOTE ]

Oh. come on. I wanted proper answers like the 1st half of your post. I didn't make the post to criticize. I made the post to try and learn something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Statements like the following suggest otherwise:

[ QUOTE ]
The 2p2 suck IMO. They look sooooo bad. The site is set out so bad. It looks like it was made in the stone ages and so much **** is posted

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't act like people are getting defensive when you post the above.

I will reiterate what's already been suggested. Tone it down a bit. If you ever want serious responses to your questions, you'll need to ask them in a less attacking (or perceived attacking) manner.

The posters you want responding to you in the strategy forums shun attitudes like the above.

Welcome and good luck at the tables!

SheridanCat 05-20-2007 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Finally, popping up as rank newbie and criticizing a community that exists to help you is pretty bad form. Welcome to 2+2, I hope you find something here that interests you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh. come on. I wanted proper answers like the 1st half of your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad I could help. There is something to be learned in the sentence you take exception to. Do you know what it is? It's actually one key to sustaining longterm success at poker.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, when I said that the site needed an update. I meant that it should be made simpler to use and slightly prettier. Simplicity is the most important thing though. And 2p2 is definitely not simple

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a quick guide to simplifying your life here:

1) Go to "My Home" and select "Display Preference..." and then set "Default display mode" to Flat Mode.

2) Pick a small group of forums you're interested in - those that are specific to the games you play along with the Beginner's Forum and at the bottom of each of those forum main pages hit the "Favorite Forum! (toggle)" link.

3) On the 2+2 Main Index age, at the bottom, hit the "Show favorite forums" link - this will hide anything you haven't set as a favorite and will eliminate tons of noise. You can always toggle it back.

I suggest avoiding the Other Topics forums and the Internet Gambling forum as those are pretty noise filled, but that's just my prejudice.

pokerplayer1 05-21-2007 06:49 AM

you don't know who i am. don't make stupid comments. i was just asking a question

PapaSmurf 05-21-2007 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1) Go to "My Home" and select "Display Preference..." and then set "Default display mode" to Flat Mode.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also pretty new here. When i registered the only thing i didn't like was the default 2p2 colors (not a big fan of the "aqua green"), so i justed changed it in my Display Preferences. Otherwise i don't see how the look on this forum is any different or more complicated than any other forum on the net.

karlwig 05-21-2007 09:53 AM

yes, the layout sucks. go away.

Jeff76 05-21-2007 10:26 AM

Based on this thread, I have a new request for 2+2:

Please, please make this interface more ugly and harder to navigate. Thank you.

Carlson411 05-21-2007 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you don't know who i am. don't make stupid comments. i was just asking a question

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody cares. You should be banned and this post should be deleted.

silvershade 05-21-2007 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eeeep, just so long as they dont make the search function any worse......

DWarrior 05-21-2007 10:39 AM

tl;dr

cliff notes plz

StregaChess 05-21-2007 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome!