Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   How good is Tim Duncan? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406299)

DrewDevil 05-18-2007 02:11 PM

Re: How good is Tim Duncan?

Didn't read rest of thread, but if he wins the title this year, he's probably the top 4 ever. (He insists he's a 4 not a 5... whatev, the competition is not as great there.)

anatta 05-18-2007 02:13 PM

Larry Bird's mind was so focused that he would attain jhana levels of concentration so deep that he would just slow the game down to frame by frame, one hoop dharma at a time. In Larry's mind, 48 minutes of basketball would take about a month and a half.

Aloysius 05-18-2007 02:25 PM

Haha true from what I've seen.

I've always put (of those listed above) Jordan, Magic and Bird in a class of their own (obvi Jordan leads the pack, but it's really, really close imo).

-Al

Oderec 05-18-2007 02:25 PM

KG has never had anyone around him. Like previously said, the one year he had a decent supporting cast (2004) he tore it up. His playoff numbers were 24, 14, and 5 over 15 games. That's pretty comparable to Duncan's and pretty sick. As far as how clutch he was, I dont remember exactly, but supporting casts cant be underestimated, IMO.

VespaRally 05-18-2007 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I had him better than Malone, Barkley, and KG, but I think Barkley and KG are closer to a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I voted the same. Also, I think Malone and Garnett are pretty close too, looking at the numbers. However, KG never had a John Stockton to facilitate his scoring.

ClassicBob 05-18-2007 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Larry Bird's mind was so focused that he would attain jhana levels of concentration so deep that he would just slow the game down to frame by frame, one hoop dharma at a time. In Larry's mind, 48 minutes of basketball would take about a month and a half.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what I need in my life? More masturbatory posts.

PokerFink 05-18-2007 03:05 PM

It's not really fair to compare KG and TD using raw numbers because of pace.

Also, TD is a better defensive player.

SBR 05-18-2007 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't read rest of thread, but if he wins the title this year, he's probably the top 4 ever. (He insists he's a 4 not a 5... whatev, the competition is not as great there.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh no, Jordan, Magic, Shaq, Russel, Wilt, Kareem, Bird. I guess he's debatable with the last 2 but I can't imagine a top 5 list that has Duncan in it.

bottomset 05-18-2007 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not really fair to compare KG and TD using raw numbers because of pace.

Also, TD is a better defensive player.

[/ QUOTE ]

not like KG is a slouch defensively, they are pretty close there as well

both are 31, but KG has 181more games played

kidcolin 05-18-2007 04:06 PM

He means top "4", as in power forward.