Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   under repped flush, should i keep it that way? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404662)

UP UR IQ 05-16-2007 03:57 PM

Re: under repped flush, should i keep it that way?

[ QUOTE ]
I like c/c. If villain has a flush he's always betting if he has a boat he's always betting. If he has three of a kind he's always betting. If he has

If he has a two pair he almost never bets or calls. If he has a bluff he will never call but will bet some of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup

Eagles 05-16-2007 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem I have with bet/fold is that a house seems SO unlikely given the play of the hand. Does he really raise that flop with 77 or 22? It's a PERFECT flop to just call. 88 (with an outside chance of QQ) is possible, but the rest just don't work. I actually think a smaller flush is more likely, especially because the lowest spade out there is the 8...KQs, KJs are possible holdings. I don't think I can fold to a river raise here.

[/ QUOTE ]
With 77 or 22 you have to raise the flop 250bbs deep.

AragornX151 05-16-2007 04:20 PM

It may be the ideal line, Eagles, but do you really think most players do it?

DerekJCEX 05-16-2007 04:25 PM

i like how you played it until the river. he doesn't seem that strong on turn. he's def probably checking the river givin the action, so i'd throw out a vbet about a little over half the pot

dnh83 05-16-2007 04:51 PM

I like leading the turn a hell of a lot more than checking. I'd make it like 175. It gives you a better chance to stack him if he has a flush, he's not folding a 2 either, and he'll probably stick around if he has 99 with the spade or something like that. The fact that you're deep makes it all the more reason to bet I think. If he "knows you're aggro" then make the aggro play.

UP UR IQ 05-16-2007 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It may be the ideal line, Eagles, but do you really think most players do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't, but I should. Hence reading hands like this : )

Terrabon98 05-16-2007 06:30 PM

i think c/c is the best, and don't think it's particularly close...almost evertything he pays you off with, he bets anyway. Also, you get to catch three-barrel bluffs, which is always fun.

jpsnow 05-16-2007 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like c/c. If villain has a flush he's always betting if he has a boat he's always betting. If he has three of a kind he's always betting. If he has

If he has a two pair he almost never bets or calls. If he has a bluff he will never call but will bet some of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree but I dont think he always bets his trips here.

b33nz 05-18-2007 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check/fold >> check/call

[/ QUOTE ]

???

can you explain this please? i strongly disagree.

b33nz 05-18-2007 09:54 PM

anyway, villain had AA and checked the river. i think his check is bad overall considering how passive i played the hand, but maybe he read my soul.