Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   [nano] TPNK large multiway pot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404416)

whoshotfirst 05-16-2007 01:35 PM

Re: [nano] TPNK large multiway pot

I think a c/r is good idea here. Button could be betting weaker made hands on the flop, or even a draw.
[ QUOTE ]
as played i too fold the turn getting 5:1 and likely drawing to 5 outs(max)

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think we are drawing to 5 outs very often, it's either 3, or we are ahead against button, who could have 4/5 or more outs on the flop.

ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S 05-16-2007 01:37 PM

flop isnt terrible.

turn is ludicrous.

Fantam 05-16-2007 02:09 PM

"Grunch"

This doesnt look right. How about raise the flop to improve your winning chances ?

akak 05-16-2007 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think i've seen a better flop c/r opportunity in a long time

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, the c/r will most likely get more money in the pot when you're ahead, and you can be pretty sure you're beat if you get 3-bet.

Watkins 05-16-2007 05:13 PM

Xhad,

This is a semi-coordinated board as a result I think a c/r is your best bet here to knock out (or make it incorrect for) the weaker draws to play. Had the Q been a 2 I can see the benefit of a call.

I call down from the turn.

bung 05-16-2007 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind c/c in this small pot, though I probably lead. Even if it gets checked through, its not going to change much. Anyone with an oesd, was calling anyway, and I was going to show down tp.

I'm never folding the turn. Btn could be betting with so many hands here, small/middle pair QJ, KQ, J9s, JT, K9s....

I like a turn raise best.

Xhad 05-16-2007 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About the same percentage of the time I thought you were ahead on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's a ridiculous assertion; yes, I realize that most if not all of these opponents are probably fish but three overcalls and villain betting again regardless still means something, even if all of them are terrible.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, since when was .25/.50 "nano"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it's not. I started at 2/4 originally so I'm not used to playing this low; it's a good thing I don't think in terms of $$$ or this challenge I'm doing would never work. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

From an AIM convo I was having with babar about this hand:

[ QUOTE ]
(17:36:42) Xhad: it's like, in a 5-handed pot even if your opponents suck you ahve to start considering that it only takes ONE of them to beat you
(17:37:00) Xhad: so even if each individual would call with five high, the chances of all four opponents having five high is actually astronomical
(17:37:15) bbb: yea game theory
(17:37:18) bbb: but still, meh
(17:37:33) bbb: you can't be like okay aces, four opponents, i fold now to save suckout money
(17:38:04) Xhad: well, it's more like "how often does the one donk bluff into four people AND none of the other three are passively playing an ace?"
(17:38:29) bbb: yea
(17:39:51) Xhad: like even if I'm good 35% of the time against each individual, I still only win that pot less than 2% of the time (not taking into account draws)

[/ QUOTE ]

lautzutao 05-17-2007 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think i've seen a better flop c/r opportunity in a long time

[/ QUOTE ]

How much money is in the pot? tbh I think this is a terrible place for a C/R. Nobody is folding their ace, and this is going to end up being a split pot if you do manage to showdown more than likely. I call because I have a BDF, and only marginally so. I'd be sick to my stomach if someone C/R here if I DID call.

I don't hate the turn fold either for the same reasoning as above.

fretelöo 05-17-2007 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(17:39:51) Xhad: like even if I'm good 35% of the time against each individual, I still only win that pot less than 2% of the time (not taking into account draws)

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is, that giving yourself 35% equity in this pot on the flop against each of them individually is extremely conservative. You'd be good 35% the range for each of them would look like JJ+ AT+. If you give them some normal .25/.50 30vpip or so, you have 65-70% equity on the flop against each of them. That means you'll be good ~18% of the time, which is close to what you get on the flop. Thus, protecting your equity is paramount.