Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   June Blackhawk trip-Colorado Micro meet up (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402210)

Jaran 05-14-2007 09:04 AM

Re: June Blackhawk trip-Colorado Micro meet up

[ QUOTE ]
Push it a week Jaran?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm...only problem would be that I've already spoken to other friends (Yeah, I know that it's surprising that I have friends outside this board). I guess I could try and do two weekends in a row [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

-J

Buzz-cp 05-14-2007 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll still be in Reno the 15th for teh Nationals Bowling tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

blimey mate! yer in the states? You should have a reno 2p2 meetup.*

*note: i cannot attend [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Wetdog 05-14-2007 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll still be in Reno the 15th for teh Nationals Bowling tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

blimey mate! yer in the states? You should have a reno 2p2 meetup.*

*note: i cannot attend [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been in the Denver area for 28 years, originally from the Chicago area. Don't know how you got any idea that I'm from elsewhere.

I don't want to hijack this thread to start a Reno meetup so I won't.

Buzz-cp 05-14-2007 02:23 PM

OMG really?

I srly thought you were from UK....I have dig deep now to find out what caused that thought. Tough one.

ya I forgot to apologize about the hijack--sorry Jaran!*

* note: hijacks also bump a thread, which is a plus for the OP.

elitegimp 05-14-2007 02:34 PM

I'd be up for a trip to Blackhawk on the 15th... in the "weird coincidence" file, that's my birthday too (I'll be 26).

edit: I'll probably try to talk one of my friends into being the DD, rather than staying over night. Also, you should cross-post this in the "Home Poker" forum, because there's been off-and-on discussion about CO poker in there.

bennyhana 05-14-2007 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Push it a week Jaran?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I could try and do two weekends in a row [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

no shizzle, arent' you guys, like, an hour away? you should just be going for the hell of it anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

mr.bum 05-15-2007 03:23 AM

loge has rampent collusion in 5-5...CCS is best of the worst poker rooms/games in the world. as of 5 or 6 months back the rake was 5 and 1...also people treat the dealers better than any where else ive played(LV AC NM), tiping between 3and 5 every pot they takedown...the amount of money leaving the table every hour makes this game unbeatable long term...imo. go get drunk meet people have fun but if you are "under rolled" for 2-5 spread and care about the work you have put into building your roll do not play this thinking your +ev.

Mondogarage 05-16-2007 09:51 AM

I could be down -- and there's part's of mr.bum's post I'd have to respectfully disagree with re CCS -- that place has been nothing if not profitable for me, and I've seen more $1-2 tips than anything else.

Lodge and Ameristar? Not unless you're truly gamboooling, with every hand capped 5 ways to every flop. I want to play poker, not bingo. But you can likely count me in, unless work commitments get in the way.

callmedonnie 05-16-2007 11:17 AM

Hi, I lived in Colorado for a few years and heard the same thing about the Lodge 5-5 game. A girl I knew that used to play up there all the time even asked me to play "with her" in it once, but that isn't my style. but on account of my slaughtering the 2-5 Station game for $400 on one of my earliest trips

I mostly played at the Station and the Gilpin, I thought the games at the station were typically better. Rake hurts, so just hit a bad beat jackpot. I once won over $400 in the 2-5 game at the Station, and looking back on it I now realize how absurd that is.

Jaran 05-16-2007 07:40 PM

http://fawny.org/blog/images/SpeedBump.jpg