Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Home Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Marked cards in a home game (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402115)

pfapfap 05-15-2007 01:49 AM

Re: Marked cards in a home game

Banishment. Too much trouble to let them continue.

Rottersod 05-15-2007 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The level of play at the home game is pretty good, most people play online, have read books and play live at least a couple of times a month. At least half of the players would understand the value (in straights) of knowing if the opponent had a ten.

We usually play with plastic cards but a couple of the decks were paper, i think it was one of these that was marked.

Good tips on catching them but what would you do with them once we find out who? Banishment, warning?

[/ QUOTE ]

No other choice but to banish them. Once a cheat always a cheat.

DavidNB 05-15-2007 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The level of play at the home game is pretty good, most people play online, have read books and play live at least a couple of times a month. At least half of the players would understand the value (in straights) of knowing if the opponent had a ten.

We usually play with plastic cards but a couple of the decks were paper, i think it was one of these that was marked.

Good tips on catching them but what would you do with them once we find out who? Banishment, warning?

[/ QUOTE ]

Banned for life and make sure you spread the word who the cheat is.

OutOfCrown 05-15-2007 01:20 PM

Louisville Slugger. I prefer the maple finish for that classic look. I'm pretty sure this is in Robert's Rules somewhere.

pfapfap 05-15-2007 07:17 PM

Yeah, I wasn't as harsh as I should have been. You cannot allow a cheater to ever return. Not only because of the cheater, but because of everybody else. They need to know who was kicked out and why. Let people know that the hosts are keeping an eye on things and will not tolerate theft, not even a little.

HRFats 05-15-2007 07:20 PM

Banned for life after a SKITN and good ol' fashioned blanket party.

BallinPro 05-15-2007 09:02 PM

if you find out who doing it tell them to pay the game a certain amount of money for cheating before or kick them out.

Lottery Larry 05-15-2007 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tell them to pay the game a certain amount of money for cheating before THEN kick them out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it for you

tenbob 05-28-2007 02:02 PM

Ive had issues like this before. As stated buy proper plastic playing cards. The last time we discovered a marked deck it was announced that it was discovered at the next game, and that any player discovered cheating would be removed from the game on a permentant basis.

It stopped pretty fast after that, we never discovered a marked deck since.

reutel 05-28-2007 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It stopped pretty fast after that, we never discovered a marked deck since.

[/ QUOTE ]

So they got better.

Perma ban and a kick in the groin