Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Absolute poker locked my acct and took my money (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401972)

oober 05-13-2007 11:10 AM

Re: Absolute poker locked my acct and took my money

Keep comunicatin with them and find out exactly what they mean by "fraudulant" activity.... This seems odd with what you have explained so far.

Nick-Zack 05-13-2007 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If they are loosing money due to payment processors' fees I do not mind they charge me for it. Maybe 2% of 5% of my deposits. But not 50% or 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are in the business of collecting rakes from people playing poker. If you are depositing for reasons other than playing poker don't expect them to be happy with you.

Bagalya 05-13-2007 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

They are in the business of collecting rakes from people playing poker. If you are depositing for reasons other than playing poker don't expect them to be happy with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said I was going to play. I did not cashout the full amount, my friend did not cash out at all. Yes, I may have deposited more than I needed and took some back.

Is that a crime? If yes, how about denying my cashout until I play X number of raked hands instead of doing what they did?

Guthrie 05-13-2007 01:24 PM

When will people learn that poker sites are not banks where you can deposit money for a few days, write checks to friends, then withdraw what's left at your convenience?

Rainbow Warrior 05-13-2007 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My friend also had his account closed and money confiscated. Interestingly, he got the same reasoning from them "is linked to other accounts that were involved in suspicious and/or fraudulent activity".

I did not transfer money to anyone else, neither did he. We know each other personally and live nearby. He never cashed out from AP. He also did not get a chance to play much. We never sat at the same table.

I can't think of what we violated. At least, the reasoning they gave us is bogus: accounts locked for being linked to one another.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen this thread a hundred times. Most are first time posters. OP is guilty until proven o/wise. Heavily odds-on.

About 95% of them end up with a convicted OP who gave incomplete or altered info to us looking for sympathy or outs.

You maybe thought this was Absolute S+L?
Absolute doesn't take action on a whim.

So what was it? Really? Collusion, multiple accounts, chip-dumping, the 'friend' who cheats with others using money you sent him, credit card fraud...what have I missed?

Skeptical me...Rainbow...

Borgland 05-13-2007 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When will people learn that poker sites are not banks where you can deposit money for a few days, write checks to friends, then withdraw what's left at your convenience?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's not cheating or fraud then that is more than likely the reason why. They dont like being manipulated.

Try calling them.

cardcounter0 05-13-2007 03:21 PM

So former neteller user. Spreads money around a bunch of poker sites. Drops a couple grand on Absolute. Transfers money to friend who also uses neteller. Opens click-to-pay account.

Yet, this is the first time he has posted on 2+2.

I don't know why, but something just seems to make me think we aren't getting the whole story here.

tendog 05-13-2007 03:59 PM

the fees are not the only reason sites dont want to be used as money transfer services. alot of other legal reasons.

i dont think they should take your funds though without another reason.

people do need to be careful though about transfering funds to pokersites and not actually playing any poker.

StellarWind 05-13-2007 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Nothing in OP's story even remotely justifies locking the account.

Bagalya 05-13-2007 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Repeat. I did not withdraw what was left. And my friend did not withdraw anything at all.

Maybe I deposited a bit more than I really need it. But does it constitute a ground for confiscating the money.