Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Hypothetical NBA Playoff series (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401075)

Assani Fisher 05-12-2007 01:08 AM

Re: Hypothetical NBA Playoff series

[ QUOTE ]
I cant decide on an answer to the poll.

Are you basically asking if the warriors at home are the best NBA team ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well just because you're great at home doesn't make you the best ever. And just to point out, to 95-96 Bulls team lost less games ALL YEAR than GS lost at home this year. But yeah I guess that is kinda what I'm getting at:

Suppose that every game was played in Golden State with the crowd just as energetic as they are for the playoffs. Would any team ever be able to beat them longterm more than 50% of the time?

JaredL 05-12-2007 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Scottie Pippen:

1999-00 $14,795,642
2000-01 $13,750,000
2001-02 $18,083,564
2002-03 $19,727,524

[/ QUOTE ]

God damn I hate Whitsitt.

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

bottomset 05-12-2007 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well just because you're great at home doesn't make you the best ever. And just to point out, to 95-96 Bulls team lost less games ALL YEAR than GS lost at home this year. But yeah I guess that is kinda what I'm getting at:

Suppose that every game was played in Golden State with the crowd just as energetic as they are for the playoffs. Would any team ever be able to beat them longterm more than 50% of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

do they start the games ahead 10-0?

Assani Fisher 05-12-2007 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do they start the games ahead 10-0?

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Mr biggums 05-12-2007 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the question is assuming that the Bulls have never played this Warrior team then I think the Warriors squeak it out in a 7 game series. Bulls lost 10 of their 13 games including playoffs on the road. They also would not be familiar with the warriors style of play. This should give the warriors game 1. After game 1 it comes down to the Bulls adapting to the Warriors quick enough.

Over say 21 games I think the Bulls take this quite easily. Anything can happen in a 7 game series.

kidcolin 05-12-2007 02:34 AM

Fun idea, but I think it'd go something like this.

GS blows out Bulls in Game 1.

Game 2 is taken by GS not in a blow out, but somewhat comfortably.

On the day off, MJ thinks to himself, "wait a second.. I'm MJ. No one can stop me." And Pippen thinks, "I can shut down any player on that team." Then MJ calls out everyone on the team. Harper gets into shutdown mode, Kukoc starts scoring again, etc.

Then it'd be an awesome 7 game series, and game 7 is a toss up. If Warriors continue to manage shooting 50% from 3 land, then I don't think they lose. If they come down to earth, Bulls win.

capone0 05-12-2007 04:02 AM

Salaries were pretty low for all players until the late 90s. I'm not sure but I believe Shaqs contract flipped the prices upside down.

Mr biggums 05-12-2007 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fun idea, but I think it'd go something like this.

GS blows out Bulls in Game 1.

Game 2 is taken by GS not in a blow out, but somewhat comfortably.

On the day off, MJ thinks to himself, "wait a second.. I'm MJ. No one can stop me." And Pippen thinks, "I can shut down any player on that team." Then MJ calls out everyone on the team. Harper gets into shutdown mode, Kukoc starts scoring again, etc.

Then it'd be an awesome 7 game series, and game 7 is a toss up. If Warriors continue to manage shooting 50% from 3 land, then I don't think they lose. If they come down to earth, Bulls win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct response

Clarkmeister 05-12-2007 02:46 PM

You people are thinking way to hard about this. Bulls in however many they feel like. LMAO at "GS will easily win game 1 because the Bulls won't be able to figure them out" That's borderline retarded.

TheNoodleMan 05-12-2007 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You people are thinking way to hard about this. Bulls in however many they feel like. LMAO at "GS will easily win game 1 because the Bulls won't be able to figure them out" That's borderline retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. This GS has amazing fans crap is getting way overblown.