Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Anything wrong with my line? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400367)

thac 05-11-2007 12:48 AM

Re: Anything wrong with my line?

lol you have a set, you got the money in.. what the hell do you want us to say?

antisocialgrace 05-11-2007 12:50 AM

So you really think I'll get more EV long-term by instigating the aggression rather than trapping with such a strong hand? Would you also argue this if it were higher stakes, or is it unique to the barn?

DannyOcean_ 05-11-2007 12:53 AM

at this level, straightforward is best. you will get called with all kinds of crap, esp at the micro-micro. Raise every postflop street.

antisocialgrace 05-11-2007 12:53 AM

Weren't you attacking me for my post in BBV?

If you weren't then please accept my apologies.

And actually I had a FH on the flop.

thac 05-11-2007 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Weren't you attacking me for my post in BBV?

If you weren't then please accept my apologies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assure you I have no idea what BBV post you're talking about. You have a monster hand, you got sucked out on, but you got all the money in with the 3rd nuts ya know, what do you want us to criticize?

antisocialgrace 05-11-2007 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
at this level, straightforward is best. you will get called with all kinds of crap, esp at the micro-micro. Raise every postflop street.

[/ QUOTE ]

People say that, but I've logged 80k hands at the micros and I've lost a disturbing amount of EV by pushing with hands most would have slow-played. I don't think most people play as fast as is commonly believed on the micros. It isn't even close to play-money, as I've heard a lot of idiots claim (I played another 60k hands there).

On this board what hands is he calling raises with that I'm beating?

alphatmw 05-11-2007 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People say that, but I've logged 80k hands at the micros and I've lost a disturbing amount of EV by pushing with hands most would have slow-played. I don't think most people play as fast as is commonly believed on the micros. It isn't even close to play-money, as I've heard a lot of idiots claim (I played another 60k hands there).

On this board what hands is he calling raises with that I'm beating?

[/ QUOTE ]every overpair, every underpair, every straight draw, every flush draw, a few overcard hands (AK, KQ,...) every hand with a 5, and any hand with the case 6. you seem really resistant to advice that 100% of people (so far) have given you. get a clue.

DannyOcean_ 05-11-2007 01:03 AM

He will call with any 5, with an overpair, with some random straight draws, and maybe even with AK type hands.

antisocialgrace 05-11-2007 01:04 AM

Yeah I'm really sorry. I made a post earlier in BBV that I eventually deleted because so many people acted like such [censored].

When you referred to BBV in your post in here I assumed you were piling on me.

I'm still wondering what the "whining" comment was about though? Was it directed at someone else?

alphatmw 05-11-2007 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know you guys are young, but it still disappoints me you have to be such total [censored] d*ckheads when I provoked you in no way at all. All I'm trying to do is improve my game.

I posted in here because it is a "beat"--last I checked this was "BEATS brags and variance"--and I knew I wouldn't get much useful feedback anywhere else.

You little selfish-assed generation Y punks can go [censored] yourselves. I'm sure it's the closest thing to trim your going to get with such low self-esteem that you have to attack someone for a harmless post.

[/ QUOTE ]