Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Poker is my Favorite sport (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400149)

Back In Black 05-10-2007 07:52 PM

Re: Poker is my Favorite sport

[ QUOTE ]
I mean if you had to do a pokerstove range I wish you could weight it so Asx was weighted higher than hand with a K in it because I think you see Asx a lot more than any other hand if that makes any sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can eliminate some of the Kx combos in Pokerstove to more accurately represent your read.

Jay Riall 05-10-2007 09:04 PM

Not a sport.

True 05-10-2007 09:12 PM

If I checked the turn it would be to call. Villain thinks he has to protect here so has value against lone spades (in his opinion), he also thinks he might have a solid bluff as the king is a decent scare card that you have shown weakness against. The villain may think he is value betting / protecting / bluffing with any kind of mediocre hand that called the flop.

I do agree that some As-x are in his range, but how many As-x do you call a re-raise with preflop and what % of time do you just call the flop?

GtrHtr 05-10-2007 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I checked the turn it would be to call. Villain thinks he has to protect here so has value against lone spades (in his opinion), he also thinks he might have a solid bluff as the king is a decent scare card that you have shown weakness against. The villain may think he is value betting / protecting / bluffing with any kind of mediocre hand that called the flop.

I do agree that some As-x are in his range, but how many As-x do you call a re-raise with preflop and what % of time do you just call the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

nice post, as usual.

jk3a 05-11-2007 12:00 AM

Given that you only beat a bluff AND villain checked turn it's difficult for him to be bluffing very often here.

All_Inn_Aces 05-11-2007 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given that you only beat a bluff AND villain checked turn it's difficult for him to be bluffing very often here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think hero checking turn and river here induces a bluff from weak hands and missed draws. I agree with true, by checkign the turn (and river) we have to call.

acidca 05-11-2007 02:53 AM

as played check-shove river

FGators 05-11-2007 03:01 AM

Alright if Im checking the turn how often should I lead a blank river? (im drunk)

acidca 05-11-2007 05:06 AM

honestly, I would every time.

True 05-11-2007 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think hero checking turn and river here induces a bluff from weak hands and missed draws. I agree with true, by checkign the turn (and river) we have to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

You disagree with me then, I would check/call the turn, but if the turn was checked through I would check/fold the river. In my opinion it induces a valuebet not a bluff.