Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Full Tilt refuses to pay me my money (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393815)

Bobo Fett 05-02-2007 04:15 PM

Re: Full Tilt refuses to pay me my money

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
of a crime right now is you. This is NOT outright theft, and they have NOT refused to pay you your money. You, however, have slandered them. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, as a lawyer I think I know what I can and not not post. If they have a problem with it, they can come here and sue me. Oh, that's right- they avoid US jurisdiction like the plague.

And I shouldn't have to jump through even more hoops than I already have to get paid. I drove 15 miles in heavy traffic, waited for 30 minutes at the copy store. Paid them 5 bucks. Got a crystal-clear document e-mailed to me. E-mailed it to a friend and he sees it fine.

Yet they claim they can't see it. There's nothing else I can do at this point. I re-sent the pdf document, but I don't see why it should work any better this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be quite the lawyer.

olieovie 05-02-2007 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, I have lost my cool, but I just knew these crooks would try to pull something like this. How do I get these crooks to give me my money?

[/ QUOTE ]

How did these crooks get your money in the first place? Did you give it to them? If you believe they're crooks, why did you send them money?

Rigel 05-02-2007 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think yelling at them and calling them thieves instead of trying to work with them and trying to figure out what they want you to do is definitely the best way to get your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be, but I still have freedom of speech and so I hope they enjoy my money, because they will be hearing a lot more from me. I won't keep posting separate threads about this subject, but I will join every thread that is posted on the subject to tell my experiences about what happened to me. And the readers can decide for themselves whether I've just lost my cool or whether I might have a point.

Rigel 05-02-2007 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It's good business sense to tell the customer to re send & make sure the file is less than 1Mb ....

[/ QUOTE ]

The file is 483 kb.

Rigel 05-02-2007 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What - are you suggesting I SUE them? If they are safe from the jurisdiction of the US Department of Justice then I don't think they will sweat a default judgment I might get in the local court here in my state.

Rigel 05-02-2007 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

How did these crooks get your money in the first place? Did you give it to them? If you believe they're crooks, why did you send them money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, I understand the human desire to join the gang in attacking a post, but surely you can do better than that. Maybe the answer to your question has something to do with the fact that I DIDN'T KNOW that they wouldn't pay me when I joined.

Jackal52 05-02-2007 04:23 PM

He's being what is termed "sarcastic". While you're at it, look up "obtuse" in the dictionary.

Bobo Fett 05-02-2007 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What - are you suggesting I SUE them? If they are safe from the jurisdiction of the US Department of Justice then I don't think they will sweat a default judgment I might get in the local court here in my state.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, NO! I'm suggesting you not simply resend the document and throw up your hands with your "there's nothing more I can do" whine again. Yes there IS more you can do. Try to call them...PM FTPSean or whomever else is posting on here. Get a fax number and fax the document. There are SO many other things you can do.

When I made that comment, I was thinking about how you might advise a client who came to you with this:

Rigel: Sorry, John...we've emailed them twice...there's nothing more we can do. I suggest you go to every message board you can and bad-mouth FT.

John: Should we try to phone them, fax them, PM them?

Rigel: Nope. Nothing more we can do.

ktulu22 05-02-2007 04:25 PM

B-O-O H-O-O

otnemem 05-02-2007 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you a competent lawyer? If you are, I assume you know how to communicate with people in a courtroom, so why the total breakdown in interpersonal relations in this case?