Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Flop C/R Semibluff (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393215)

1p0kerboy 05-01-2007 09:41 PM

Re: Flop C/R Semibluff

[ QUOTE ]
1combo AK

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

That's what you ran into huh.

bottomset 05-01-2007 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1combo AK

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

That's what you ran into huh.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope

just reminding him that he is far more likely to have a different AK than the specific heart draw one

chicken10der 05-01-2007 10:34 PM

In all objectivity, I like the CRAI play given my presented image if there was a PF plan to do so if you flop most any draw (i.e. K34r), but I'm a donkiac when I play the afternoons.

bottomset 05-01-2007 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In all objectivity, I like the CRAI play given my presented image if there was a PF plan to do so if you flop most any draw (i.e. K34r), but I'm a donkiac when I play the afternoons.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I planned on c/r AI pretty much any draw OESD, pair+gutter, fd, combos, etc

nexttime plz have AKo

CalledDownLight 05-01-2007 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I planned on c/r AI pretty much any draw OESD, pair+gutter, fd, combos, etc

nexttime plz have AKo

[/ QUOTE ]

Better advice would be for you to hit a heart, but I'll leave that alone. Looks pretty good to me, even preflop, based on your view of villian. Would you play AA the same way in this spot? I think that is a must if you're caught against a villian like this.

Jurrr 05-02-2007 01:16 AM

I think this is fine if done rarely.

curtains 05-02-2007 02:17 AM

fold again please. Passively calling out of position with 54s isn't going to slow the guy down. There will be more hands soon, let this one go.

bottomset 05-02-2007 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fold again please. Passively calling out of position with 54s isn't going to slow the guy down. There will be more hands soon, let this one go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that, but honestly calling a 8.5bb reraise with 90bbs left, can't be that huge of a mistake, maybe 2-4bb

results he had T7o, turn was a 5, river I bricked the 10outer

diebitter 05-02-2007 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is fine if done rarely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. More than that, You HAVE to do it (rarely), to stop villian trampling you.

curtains 05-02-2007 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that, but honestly calling a 8.5bb reraise with 90bbs left, can't be that huge of a mistake, maybe 2-4bb

results he had T7o, turn was a 5, river I bricked the 10outer

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its quite bad, you are out of position and you have a weak hand against someone showing aggression. You are calling for about 10% of your stack. I think it's just bad in every way and should be done about never when OOP. I'd much prefer 3 betting over calling, but of course I'd usually fold.

Calling for 9-10% of chips out of position with a weak hand is just asking for trouble, this isn't rocket science. This isn't like you have some pocket pair thats much easier to play OOP, you have a hand like 65s which plays terribly OOP.