Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Need Inspiration - How many hours do you study/play a day? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392696)

Tulosba 05-01-2007 04:21 PM

Re: Need Inspiration - How many hours do you study/play a day?

1. Study 10 minutes
2. Browse BBV for 4 hours
3. Play 1 hour
4. Profit

dlpnyc21 05-01-2007 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, i spend on avg 5 hrs a day sweating other people and going over hands with them. i def spend more time watching other play poker and discussing THEIR hands than playing my own. i need to work on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

i also do this a lot...who are your favorite players to sweat/discuss hands with? I've often found that sweating players who play higher stakes than you or approach the game from a different theoretical standpoint is very valueable. You see them making plays you never would and it just adds another dimension to your game.

Wayneo 05-01-2007 04:52 PM

A) 2 hours
B) 5 hours

Varies alot though.

KRANTZ 05-01-2007 04:59 PM

where is option C, sleep/dream about poker?

i'd say the only way to be good is to be completely addicted

if you call it "study" you're not looking at it right. reading/thinking/analyzing/talking poker is like drinking water to a lot of us.

Roman 05-01-2007 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, i spend on avg 5 hrs a day sweating other people and going over hands with them. i def spend more time watching other play poker and discussing THEIR hands than playing my own. i need to work on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this too. It is both a ginourmous waste of time and a big benefit.

raptor517 05-01-2007 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this too. It is both a ginourmous waste of time and a big benefit.

[/ QUOTE ]

i prob actually spend twice as much if not more of my time watching others. heh, i guess it helps, but making money is nice too!

raptor517 05-01-2007 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i also do this a lot...who are your favorite players to sweat/discuss hands with? I've often found that sweating players who play higher stakes than you or approach the game from a different theoretical standpoint is very valueable. You see them making plays you never would and it just adds another dimension to your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

well obv durr and jman i talk with daily about hands and stuff, but i prob actaully spend more time going over hands with jinsokkp than anyone else, hes been tearin it up last month or so. i also spend a decent amount of time doing hands with urindanger, though hes been running kinda awful lately.

NNNNOOOOONAN 05-02-2007 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well obv durr and jman i talk with daily about hands and stuff, but i prob actaully spend more time going over hands with jinsokkp than anyone else, hes been tearin it up last month or so. i also spend a decent amount of time doing hands with urindanger, though hes been running kinda awful lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to take anything away from you raptor, you are obviously VERY successful and one of the best. but do you consider yourself one of the luckiest people around? that is quite a list of players to be discussion poker/hands with.
good job networking [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

therockofgibraltar 05-02-2007 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

if you call it "study" you're not looking at it right. reading/thinking/analyzing/talking poker is like drinking water to a lot of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.

so do this "studying" 24/7. And try to play 5h/day. To keep my concentration up, I like to play 2 session of ~2.5h