Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Three From The Big Blind (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390381)

Nate. 04-28-2007 03:21 PM

Re: Three From The Big Blind

[ QUOTE ]
Also, were these all full rings? Not a big fan of defending my bb with 53 if so...

[/ QUOTE ]

We were about 7-handed. I'm losing a little immediate equity, but I think I make up for preflop the times I put in 4.5 more BBs with five-high.

--Nate

Chris Daddy Cool 04-28-2007 03:24 PM

if i'm playing seriously, i would fold 53s, but since its so much fun to play i think a turn checkraise is a good move to make him believe though the simple checkcall is probably better. though on that river though i would give up against most players as they never fold anything to me.

hand 2 okay.

hand 3 perfect.

Chris Daddy Cool 04-28-2007 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3: you're putting him on AK and you hope he folds it, it seems. I'm not sure how reasonable that parlay is. But it does seem he'll raise any PP or flush draw on the flop, so because he only called the flop and turn, A-high seems like his most likely hand. I guess maybe you get value when AJ looks you up, and if AK folds that's awesome, so this is probably a fine value-bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

fold AK? what? what makes u think we don't have the best hand by like a mile and get looked up by AJ, Ax, Ay, KQ, KJ, blah blah blah?

Nate. 04-28-2007 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3: you're putting him on AK and you hope he folds it, it seems. I'm not sure how reasonable that parlay is. But it does seem he'll raise any PP or flush draw on the flop, so because he only called the flop and turn, A-high seems like his most likely hand. I guess maybe you get value when AJ looks you up, and if AK folds that's awesome, so this is probably a fine value-bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

fold AK? what? what makes u think we don't have the best hand by like a mile and get looked up by AJ, Ax, Ay, KQ, KJ, blah blah blah?

[/ QUOTE ]

CDC --

Yeah, I was betting for value for basically those reasons. Didn't want to say so in the OP.

Thanks for your input.

--Nate

vmacosta 04-28-2007 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think donking the river in hand A is much better than c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I thought I needed the extra oomph of a c/r there to get him to believe me.

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]
He doesn't valuebet A or K hi there, so the c/r just hopes he has counterfeit hand or Q-hi. He folds those to a donk too. I dunno though, when he bets the river his range is prob filled with those counterfeit hands, so I can see the merits to your line--its just kinda expensive so it cant be all that +ev.

Nate. 04-29-2007 06:31 PM

RESULTS

Hand 1 he folded to the c/r immediately. Maybe donking is more efficient but for whatever reason I still like a c/r. I guess I think he bets a lot of Kings? Hm.

Hand 3 he flashed AK to his neighbor (!!!) and then folded (!!!!!!!) and the neighbor practically pulled the hand out of the muck and put 40 of her own dollars in front of the line just on principle. So, guess I was totally wrong on my river thinking.

--Nate

private joker 04-30-2007 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 3 he flashed AK to his neighbor (!!!) and then folded (!!!!!!!) and the neighbor practically pulled the hand out of the muck and put 40 of her own dollars in front of the line just on principle. So, guess I was totally wrong on my river thinking.

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

Start thinking more like me.

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]