Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Nobel Laureate Shot by Israeli Soldier (rubber bullet) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390203)

SNOWBALL 04-30-2007 01:27 AM

Re: Nobel Laureate Shot by Israeli Soldier (rubber bullet)

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
n 2002, an american peace activist, Rachel Corrie, was run down and killed by an Israeli Bulldozer. Rachel was trying to stop the bulldozer from destroying a family's home.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

What's funny? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

R.I.P. Rachel http://italy.indymedia.org/uploads/2...ivz.jpgmid.jpg

Phil153 04-30-2007 01:33 AM

I fail to see what's funny about that. Israel has an absolute right to exist within its 1947 UN mandated boundaries, and I absolutely support that right. If it came to war I would support my government sending troops, even if I was one of them.

Do you have anything to add besides "lol" and "ahahahahaah"? It's hard to have a conversation like that.

Fly 04-30-2007 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What's funny?

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea that an Israeli soldier would "run down and kill" an American peace activist. A palestinian perhaps, but the driver would have to be borderline retarded to kill an American like that.

Fly 04-30-2007 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fail to see what's funny about that. Israel has an absolute right to exist within its 1947 UN mandated boundaries, and I absolutely support that right. If it came to war I would support my government sending troops, even if I was one of them.

Do you have anything to add besides "lol" and "ahahahahaah"? It's hard to have a conversation like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you were implying that you would volunteer to go and fight for Israel if it was in peril, I'm Jewish and I wouldn't even consider it.

I agree with you that the cluster bombing was stupid, unnecessary and vile (and most importantly ineffective). But, while the Israelies have to understand that the price of occupation is terrorism, the Arabs have to understand the price of continued war against Israel is uninterrupted and unending suffering.

SNOWBALL 04-30-2007 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
What's funny?

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea that an Israeli soldier would "run down and kill" an American peace activist. A palestinian perhaps, but the driver would have to be borderline retarded to kill an American like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he was just pretty sure he could get away with it? That's not such a crazy idea (as it seems to have worked). The IDF gets away with a lot of other stuff, like shooting nobel laureates for example.

Nielsio 04-30-2007 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In my view, the united states should withdraw financial and military support from Israel until Israel agrees to stop it's policy of expanding it's borders and engaging in collective punishment.

[/ QUOTE ]

??

This seems backwards. They have a specific reason why they give financial and military support, and those things are exactly it. What else could it possibly be for?

Myrtle 04-30-2007 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I agree with you that the cluster bombing was stupid, unnecessary and vile (and most importantly ineffective)

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't take much reflection of the above statement to see that this poster has much work to do in order to get his ethical priorities straight.

mshalen 04-30-2007 07:49 AM

And people wonder why 2+2 wants to shut down this forum?

Fly 04-30-2007 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I agree with you that the cluster bombing was stupid, unnecessary and vile (and most importantly ineffective)

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't take much reflection of the above statement to see that this poster has much work to do in order to get his ethical priorities straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

plz elaborate

TomCollins 04-30-2007 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
n 2002, an american peace activist, Rachel Corrie, was run down and killed by an Israeli Bulldozer. Rachel was trying to stop the bulldozer from destroying a family's home.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

What's funny? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

R.I.P. Rachel http://italy.indymedia.org/uploads/2...ivz.jpgmid.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Darwinism is alive.