Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Peavy K's 9 in row... and counting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388535)

Kneel B4 Zod 04-25-2007 11:31 PM

Re: Peavy K\'s 9 in row... and counting

mixed emotions here. my fantasy team is filled with the Nate Silver all stars (aka Chris Young, Chad Tracy, Stephen Drew)...and Jake Peavy

fortunately I'm already punting K's!

CrazyPsycho 04-25-2007 11:37 PM

16 through 7. 117 pitches.

anatta 04-25-2007 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is frustrating to watch... ump has been pretty loose with the zone for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

He got a few calls, possibly squeezed a bit on the record failing 10th in a row walk, but he also got an inordinate amount of swings and misses. Almost all the K's were swinging on the slider. Those low strike calls looked like strikes, the ball just breaks so much, it looks low, but from the side, at least that one that they showed the side view, broke right over the knee. I know the D-back coach got ejected for arguing.

That's 16 ties the Padre record, but he's should be done. Maybe. I think they should protect his arm this early, just hand it over to the bully, as much as I'd like to see him get more K's. He isn't that big of a guy, I am not going to say fragile, but he was not right last year, still pitched okay, but not like this. So they are saying he's probably done.

CrazyPsycho 04-25-2007 11:38 PM

I think it'd be really dumb to throw him another inning. I don't think there's a reasonable chance he K's another 4-5 guys.

Chrisman886 04-25-2007 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is frustrating to watch... ump has been pretty loose with the zone for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

He got a few calls, possibly squeezed a bit on the record failing 10th in a row walk, but he also got an inordinate amount of swings and misses. Almost all the K's were swinging on the slider. Those low strike calls looked like strikes, the ball just breaks so much, it looks low, but from the side, at least that one that they showed the side view, broke right over the knee. I know the D-back coach got ejected for arguing.

That's 16 ties the Padre record, but he's should be done. Maybe. I think they should protect his arm this early, just hand it over to the bully, as much as I'd like to see him get more K's. He isn't that big of a guy, I am not going to say fragile, but he was not right last year, still pitched okay, but not like this. So they are saying he's probably done.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW It ties his own record he set last year vs. the Braves.

Wondercall 04-25-2007 11:43 PM

Yeah I gotta agree with you guys. It would great to see him try to get to 20, but you gotta think of his future first. I'm sure with his stuff he'll have another chance sometime in his career, especially every time he faces us. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

BTW, overlooked in all of this is ole' hooknoses effort tonight. 8 IP, 6 H, 2R, 6k

anatta 04-26-2007 12:08 AM

Just like poker, you do what ya can, and sometimes they draw out.

Chrisman886 04-26-2007 12:08 AM

Oh good lord, I think I'm gonna be sick.

Hoffman gives up walk-off 2R HR in bottom of 9th with 2 outs. Peavy gets ND, Pads lose.

Karak567 04-26-2007 12:08 AM

wasted... hoffman hangs one and stephen drew takes it out for the win with 2 outs

Jack of Arcades 04-26-2007 12:11 AM

You can't spell Hoffman without HOF