Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NBA Mock Draft ver. 2 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382909)

MEbenhoe 04-19-2007 07:08 PM

Re: NBA Mock Draft ver. 2

[ QUOTE ]
I'm always up for discussing these things, but isn't it kinda moot until we figure out the order?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, that is why you will never see a single mock draft until after the nba lottery.

MEbenhoe 04-19-2007 07:20 PM

also, i hate even the mention of horford going to the bucks. For one, I think he's a bit overrated, and he's not what the bucks need at all.

kidcolin 04-19-2007 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you have noah falling way too low

[/ QUOTE ]

In reality, you're right. He'll get picked much higher.. but I think anywhere in the 10-12 range is where he should end up.

Assani Fisher 04-19-2007 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm always up for discussing these things, but isn't it kinda moot until we figure out the order?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, that is why you will never see a single mock draft until after the nba lottery.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, the old "If someone else does it then it must be a good thing" line of thought...

Assani Fisher 04-19-2007 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

3. Milwaukee – Jeff Green SF/PF Georgetown

Probably the toughest pick out of any team. The Bucks could go potential and take Brandan Wright, go for the experience of a guy like Al Horford, or go for the versatility, athleticism and upside that they need with a guy like Julian Wright or Jeff Green. Put to a decision I’m taking Green. Can play either SF or PF, athletic, ability to play inside and outside. Everything about him is what the Bucks really need on their team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff Green has a much much greater shot of being picked outside the lottery than making the top 3. I don't know what you see in him that I don't, but his upside is pretty much a mid level star like Lamar Odom(without the outside shot). He'll probably stick around as a very good role player due to his passing and defense, but theres no way he goes top 3 imo.

Nearly every mock draft I've seen has Wright and Horford as the concensus 3 and 4. I'm not sure why exactly you don't like Wright for them. Hes going to take 2 or 3 years before hes a superstar, so playing him behind Charlie Villy isn't that big of a deal. And CV isn't really a star player where you should not draft another PF just because of him.

I do agree with your thought process that the Bucks have needs mostly at SF and then PG. Because of this I could see them trading down.

Even still, I'd much rather have C Brewer than J Green.

Assani Fisher 04-19-2007 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, i hate even the mention of horford going to the bucks. For one, I think he's a bit overrated, and he's not what the bucks need at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have all 3 of the Florida guys going lower than most mocks. Do you think they were all overrated? Does that mean you think that Green, Humphries, and Richard were underrated on that team? Or do you think that its the system or the coach? IIRC they were the first starting 5 win back to back titles in something like 50 years, so they must have done something right.

I'm actually higher on Noah than most. I think its rather vogue to hate on him lately. Hes near 7 ft, has a 7+ft wingspan, and isn't as clumsy as many 7 footers...that alone will make him an above average defender on the next level, and imo defense is the rarest commodity in the league. I think he'll be a starter in the NBA for a long time.

My Noah draft prediction: After conducting personal workouts, NBA scouts will fall in love with Noah. They'll see a near 7 footer who is quick and can handle the ball like a small forward. He'll be the "higher than most expected" pick of the year as he goes around 7-8.

hoyasnaxa 04-19-2007 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Probably the toughest pick out of any team. The Bucks could go potential and take Brandan Wright, go for the experience of a guy like Al Horford, or go for the versatility, athleticism and upside that they need with a guy like Julian Wright or Jeff Green. Put to a decision I’m taking Green. Can play either SF or PF, athletic, ability to play inside and outside. Everything about him is what the Bucks really need on their team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff Green has a much much greater shot of being picked outside the lottery than making the top 3. I don't know what you see in him that I don't, but his upside is pretty much a mid level star like Lamar Odom(without the outside shot). He'll probably stick around as a very good role player due to his passing and defense, but theres no way he goes top 3 imo.

Nearly every mock draft I've seen has Wright and Horford as the concensus 3 and 4. I'm not sure why exactly you don't like Wright for them. Hes going to take 2 or 3 years before hes a superstar, so playing him behind Charlie Villy isn't that big of a deal. And CV isn't really a star player where you should not draft another PF just because of him.

I do agree with your thought process that the Bucks have needs mostly at SF and then PG. Because of this I could see them trading down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a friend of Green's and as big a fan of his game as their is, but this is correct. No way Green goes 3. Word on the street is that he is coming back, but he refuses to talk about it.

MEbenhoe 04-19-2007 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have all 3 of the Florida guys going lower than most mocks. Do you think they were all overrated? Does that mean you think that Green, Humphries, and Richard were underrated on that team? Or do you think that its the system or the coach? IIRC they were the first starting 5 win back to back titles in something like 50 years, so they must have done something right.

[/ QUOTE ]

nbadraft.net has all 3 florida guys going in about the same range I do. ESPNs mock is a joke if thats what you're going off of. And as a final note, if you dont realize that good college player doesnt equal good nba player then I dont even know why we're having this discussion.

Clarkmeister 04-19-2007 10:40 PM

Brewer goes top 5 for sure.

MEbenhoe 04-19-2007 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wright is a horrible pick for them. This is a team that despite their poor showing due to injuries this season has thoughts of being a contender next season, especially if they are able to acquire Chauncey Billups in the offseason as has been often hinted at. Bogut and CV are the frontcourt of that team and they have other players that can contribute quality minutes upfront. Their biggest whole is easily that they have no one even remotely reliable at SF. If Simmons is healthy its a different story, but there's no reason to think that will be the case. Jeff Green at 3 is likely a little high, but if I'm the Bucks and I end up with the #3 pick and cant trade down, I'm taking Jeff Green.