Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   DESPERATE - LINE CHECKS NEEDED (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381992)

MasterLJ 04-18-2007 02:01 PM

Re: DESPERATE - LINE CHECKS NEEDED

[ QUOTE ]
MasterLJ - we have position, we dont need to raise that much bigger. In fact my 10/20 friends who look over my hands actually kept commenting that betting pot IP was a big big, and they usually do 3x.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like I should respond to this but don't know what else to say besides what I've already said.

I've found that at SSNL people don't think "I will call a 3x pot raise, but not a 4x pot raise," it's more likely to be a binary decision "I will call a raise, I won't call a raise." I think it's one of the most exploitable properties of the average SSNL.

To give a specific example, I see HH of people all day long that are not betting pot against calling stations. This is a huge huge leak. You are literally leaving money on the table.

When you have any reasonable hand against a station bet pot at all times post-flop and raise them huge pre-flop with your monsters.

Think about it this way. You hold AA, villain is a 90/1 and limps UTG, what reason do you have for not making it $12?

TwistedEcho 04-18-2007 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Think about it this way. You hold AA, villain is a 90/1 and limps UTG, what reason do you have for not making it $12?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not $14? 15? 16? 20? shove?

You have to draw the line somewhere.

MasterLJ 04-18-2007 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You test it by ramping up and find their limit. If you knew you'd still get called by raising to $20, then raise to $20. It's pretty simple. You have to test your limits of value. I think most pre-flop stations will call up to $10 after limping pretty often.

I have actually been in live situations where I pushed big pp in unraised pots and got callers.

DefiNe 04-18-2007 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You test it by ramping up and find their limit. If you knew you'd still get called by raising to $20, then raise to $20. It's pretty simple. You have to test your limits of value. I think most pre-flop stations will call up to $10 after limping pretty often.

I have actually been in live situations where I pushed big pp in unraised pots and got callers.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I have any thinking players on the table, they get a read out of my play if I change the pre-flop raise-sizing. When in a heads-up pot with said station, then I can take completely obscure and ridiculous lines I wouldn't normally take and it doesn't matter to nearly the same extent..

correct?

MasterLJ 04-18-2007 02:24 PM

If you mean "ridiculous lines HU against a station/donk," then yes.

Even if thinking players pick up on it it's not terrible since you are only doing this with premium hands anyway.

Abramovic 04-18-2007 02:29 PM

Everything looks pretty good except betsizing in H1 and call in 5, neither of which are huge leaks.

DefiNe 04-18-2007 03:20 PM

bump - not that I don't appreciate all the advice given thus far, just looking for as many angles as possible [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]